'Demonic activity was palpable' at Trump rally, says Florida pastor

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/22/not-today-satan.html

11 Likes

##Deep Nightmare

21 Likes

Thank you for that post, Mr. Tooley.

9 Likes

Considering that Trump is basically a servant of Mammon, it’s less implausible than you’d think…

28 Likes

http://imgur.com/VkkcbKa

6 Likes

Not a lot of overlap there.

22 Likes

21 Likes

This is completely useless.

A lone Florida pastor decides the level of religiosity is of the wrong tenor.

And meanwhile, there are probably 10 other pastors who glory in the wonderful union of the spiritual and the politic.

15 Likes

Just so long as it doesn’t end in Donstown with a killer punch line.

7 Likes

Given that only 10% of Christians are American, it’s probably more than you think.

11 Likes

I thought the headline said “Democratic activity was palpable…” and the pastor was accusing people of being paid protesters.

5 Likes

Well, 45 does speak in tongues.

“Glossolalia or speaking in tongues, according to linguists, is the fluid vocalizing of speech-like syllables that lack any readily comprehended meaning, in some cases as part of religious practice in which it is believed to be a divine language unknown to the speaker.”

16 Likes

‘Demonic activity was palpable’

The Devil wants nothing to do with tRump, he told me so.

12 Likes

Not surprised he held it in or around Melbourne. Patrick AFB is there and that whole area is likely to be heavily conservative. Probably could’ve held it in Vero as well given all the old white folks.

But “rallies” held by trump. Seems the perfect place for his brownshirts to congregate.

5 Likes

I keep reading that word as “brownshits” and, well. Either way it fits.

13 Likes

You are completely wrong.

The MSM pays no attention to the evangelical left, and so most Americans ignore it. That’s why we conflate evangelicalism with greed and hypocrisy. But that intersection is much bigger than you would think, especially if you include people who are comfortable using words like “demonic” metaphorically.

Evangelical does not mean fundamentalist. There are plenty of Christians who are aware the worship of any flag is idolatry, and a patriotic rally like the ones held by popular vote loser Donald Trump has the potential to be truly evil.

24 Likes

The best place for the Devil to hide is in the church.

13 Likes

I always assumed the Devil would be well-spoken and charismatic. Trump just seems too obvious.

13 Likes

I see Trump people.

8 Likes

And yet somehow his Jesus-spidey sense wasn’t tingling before the election?

Does his magic power to sense the demonic only work sometimes?

I guarantee you those kids that took acid and went to the Trump rally last year definitely felt a demonic presence. Apparently religion is no more effective than taking psychedelics.

5 Likes