Paul Manafort, Trump’s ex-campaign chairman, pleads guilty + will cooperate with Mueller investigation

Holy shit. How weird would that be if Trump fled the country, set up in Russia and then acted like some resistance leader? You know his people would eat it up. What a bizarre idea.

12 Likes

Is the conspiracy charge against Manafort related to the campaign, or his own unregistered lobbying?

5 Likes

If he’d ended up in the general population for any significant amount of time he wouldn’t have died of old age but rather from a shiv or dose of agonising poison wielded by an incarcerated Russian “tourist.”

8 Likes

Ve thought ve vere on Alcatraz tour. Sorry for shiv in neck.

5 Likes

Apparently Manafort has agreed to answer Mueller’s questions without his attorney being present (presumably so information will not find its way back to Trump). Nice.

17 Likes

Hopefully it’s actual cooperation and not Ollie North style “cooperation”.

2 Likes

FTFY

5 Likes

That photo of Manafort SO needs the Norman Bates, ‘I wouldn’t hurt a fly’ skull overlay.

1 Like

The plea deal stipulates “successful” cooperation, so I doubt Manafort will be able to weasel out.

2 Likes

Oh, man. This just gets better and better. Unintelligible tweet storm in 3…2…1…

Oh, hummm, just a little something I need to check on today:

http://ispaulmanafortinjail.com

Ohhh… I just love it when one-word sites update.

2 Likes

I’m guessing he was fearing for his life and his family (probably in that order) and is just now starting to freak out.

3 Likes

eating-popcorn-tv-gif

7 Likes

Interesting point:

6 Likes

I’m totally down with going after Pence next. Doesn’t mean we should hold off on impeaching Trump though.

14 Likes

Chances are good that he’s been splashed with plenty of shit from the ‘explosive diarrhea’ diaper that is 45’s presidency…

17 Likes

Yes, history doesn’t bode well for the VPs of disgraced former Presidents. Bill Clinton’s personal indiscretions were enough to cost Gore the Presidency and Ford’s pardon for Nixon put his poll numbers in the toilet overnight.

10 Likes
6 Likes

This very possibility is what I like to think was the topic of his secret chat with Putin.

1 Like

Possibly, though all he has to do is wait 2 years till the investigation is over and Trump is on his way out of office (ie, the Libby deal), surely he’ll be getting more than 2 years now. And Trump must know the GOP wouldn’t impeach him for pardons. And if Trump did break his word Manafort could start talking from jail and put Trump in prison.

I really don’t get Manafort’s thinking here unless he really thinks the pardon isn’t coming or if this is some sort of fake cooperation trick.

Like Yanukovych? I’ve been wondering if that’s the outcome since the start. Though I don’t think Trump becomes a resistance leader as much as he becomes irrelevant. Fleeing the country isn’t a great look for a strongman.

2 Likes