Pecard, an incredible leather dressing (review)

[Permalink]

1 Like

Excellent review! Thanks for sharing. Just two nights ago I was looking at my weathered motorcycle jacket, wondering about the best way to treat the leather. Perfect timing.

2 Likes

I have a black leather couch that is starting to show its age. Is this something I could use to restore some of the color? I’m certainly interested in this…

1 Like

the black should work. You’ll want to be damn sure its dry before sitting on it!

1 Like

Pecard is okay, but I’d recommend Bickmore Bick #4 (and other products) over it any day. The #5 gives a good pre-cleaning if you need it, #4 is the hard core conditioner. It’s more of a liquid and goes on faster, cleans deeply while working (it is made for saddles and horse gear), and lasts a long time. Just sent an 18 year old leather jacket back to manufacturer for a new liner, and they were stunned when they looked up its age. Hardly any signs it has aged at all with annual treatments of #4. Use it on hiking boots that slop through midwestern snow and rain, cowboy boots that get worn daily spring-fall, and the leather car seat the dog sits on daily.

Will it work on me?

“You used to seem so well faded and dried-out. Now you look so beautifully worn-in. What’s your secret?”

2 Likes

I’ve not tried Pecard, but I’ve had excellent results on some tough cases with Leather Therapy products: http://www.leathertherapy.com/

I am very curious to hear how it looks in a week, month, 3 months. I’ve got closets full of riding jackets, racing leathers, etc. and have tried many many products. I keep coming back to Kiwi Mink Oil, not because it is my favorite, but because it is cheap enough to keep re-applying.

Let us know how Pecard looks after some wear

Endurshed by Capjan Zjun Loobk Pecard?

2 Likes

I don’t want my old MC jacket to look brand new with black dye, just preserved with all it’s lovely hard earned scuffs and battle scars. Clear it is.

1 Like

Make it sew.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.