Pedro Pascal stars in the grimdark Mario Kart reboot you've been waiting for

Originally published at: Pedro Pascal stars in the grimdark Mario Kart reboot you've been waiting for | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Brilliant

3 Likes

He knows.

5 Likes

This is honestly more of a Last of Us parody with Mario theme. If you want to see this type of show, you should check out that Last of Us with Pedro Pascal. I am not even into the survival type drama shows, but they have made such a good show that it captures you.

2 Likes

There was gritty dark realistic Mario series made by fans several years ago. It was a group of film and theatre students, I think, because it was done very sincerely and they knew what they were doing in terms of writing, costumes, lighting, and makeup. It was really, really well done. It was a series of episodes on YouTube, but I can now find no trace of it, so perhaps they got DMCAed. Too bad- it was one of the best things on early YouTube. Really showed what the medium was capable of. It’s hard to imagine a gritty realistic Mario being anything but silly, but it really was good and you got sucked into it very easily.

8 Likes

Don’t get me wrong I liked it in general but studio audiance or no the laugh track when SNL staff show up in costume was offputting. I don’t even know who those people are. I guess I’m just not in on the joke when actors are dressed up in parts they play.

2 Likes

disappointed krysten ritter GIF

3 Likes

I find it astonishing what special effects can do these days of a tight budget.

1 Like

Mario Kart: Fast & Fungus.

6 Likes

These? Watch the SUPER MARIO BROS. Gritty Short Film Series

3 Likes

Those looks great! But no, those aren’t the ones I was thinking of. Thanks for sharing though. That was a great watch. It seems Gritty Mario Treatment is an even bigger genre than I realized.

1 Like

There’s no chance at all this is what you were thinking of, is there? It’s definitely gritty…I don’t know if it counts as realistic or not. I mean, compared to the weird hallucination that is a plumber fighting turtles to save the mushrooms, most things are.

2 Likes

Heh, not that one either. I did encounter that one in my searches. Well executed, if a bit heavy on the cheese. :grinning:

we all knew him from the episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer he was on

Well, I did not know that:

(Edward (The Freshman) | Buffyverse Wiki | Fandom)

2 Likes

It’s pretty awesome that he got so popular even though he wears a helmet throughout the entirety of his biggest role.

1 Like

He learned a thing or two about helmets from an earlier role.

Was it Let There Be Brawl? My friends recently introduced me to that one.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.