Pence ranks his loyalties: lying Republicans come with his vengeful god

Originally published at: Pence ranks his loyalties: lying Republicans come with his vengeful god | Boing Boing

6 Likes

We all know “Mother” is #1.

20 Likes

Yikes. A “real” Christian absolutely would say they were Christian first. No gods before him and all that.

15 Likes

Then he can’t support conservatives or republicans because of that lying thing.

17 Likes

funny how being an American isn’t on his list. so basically he’s saying if it’s a choice between his country, his god, his principles, and his party, the country will come last.

So if the country as a whole decides that it wants to be secular and liberal he’s perfectly comfortable jettisoning the country.

good to know

16 Likes

I think he sees himself as a potential presidential candidate first, everything else is second.

8 Likes

Lying among many, many other offenses. Are there any of the !0 commandments Repubs have not been happily, proudly, loudly and repeatedly breaking for some time now?

(Especially that oddly precise one about coveting thy neighbor’s ass.)

17 Likes

As an alleged Christian first, why does Pence support the party that so obviously hates the poor and practices self righteous, hypocritical judgment?

14 Likes

Mike Pence, leader of the Face-Eating Leopards party.

10 Likes

Video capture of Pence for the BBS:
Autophage_Bird

8 Likes

Weird.

14 Likes

Worshipping a graven Wall, and persecuting poor people and children wandering in the US deserts also seems like a shitty take for an alleged Christian.

10 Likes

Because he largely agrees with their interpretation of Christianity, which is less about helping the poor and more about smashing thine enemy, and proving God loves you the mostest by amassing great piles of wealth.

13 Likes

I was just thinking, earlier, about how hilarious it is that Trump has always framed every Republican who opposes him in any way as a “RINO,” when Trump suddenly “became” a Republican to run under their banner and is happy to blow up the party to advance his interests (e.g. assuaging his ego), with zero loyalty to the Republican party (or anything else), and the minute he’s not their candidate, he’ll do everything in his power to tear down the whole party. He’s the ultimate RINO, who just straight-up declared “The Republican party, c’est moi!” and his supporters just ran with it, like it made any sort of sense. (I suppose decades of framing anyone who disagrees with Republicans as “not real Americans” made them susceptible to this sort of thinking.)

I love to see it. Trump has the support, apparently, of about a third of their voters (i.e. a majority in a crowded primary), and he’ll beat the Republican party to death with them if he has the chance. I keep thinking that the Republican leadership’s best option is to have Trump assassinated: He won’t continue screwing up elections for them, they can pass the MAGA mantle to someone more electable, and he gets to be turned into a martyr, too (they’d also be sure to blame his death on “the left,” for bonus points).

He’s a white evangelical - the Republican party is his religion. Which is to say, “Christianity,” as far as he’s concerned, is his particular set of political beliefs, with God’s approval.

White evangelism is a folk religion based on American conservative beliefs, not the religious precepts enumerated by Jesus in popular editions of the Bible. Those are mostly ignored and, in fact, they often turn those teachings on their heads - e.g. wealth doesn’t prevent one from entering heaven, it’s a sign of God’s favor; cruelty is good, etc.

13 Likes

I’m thinking it’s less “folk” and more “corporate”… Here is some folk religion:

The modern white evangelical movement was much more top-down, pro-business in orientation, starting with Sister Aimee Semple.

11 Likes

Pence was a conniving hateful piece of shit before he was Veep. He is just annoyed that the last vestiges of his political career ended when his former boss tried to kill him.

9 Likes

A Nat-C who worships Mammon and (when he’s showing his 2nd Amendment cred) Moloch.

8 Likes

Pence: I’ve often said I’m a Christian, a conservative, and a Republican in that order. But I’m a Republican

Ernst Röhm wasn’t available for comment.

5 Likes

People call themselves all sorts of things… doesn’t mean they actually are.
Besides, those first two terms are merely variables; ‘Republican’ is the name of the team you choose to be on, & I’m pretty sure you would change that at the drop of a hat if you deemed it to be politically expedient.

Just because you chose to do your fucking job on Jan 6 doesn’t make you a hero.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.