Pepperoni prankster admonished: "As an Italian, it hurts the heart"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/26/pepperoni-prankster.html

2 Likes

What a weird “prank”.

9 Likes

so… s/piece of candy/pepperoni/?

(with apologies for indirectly promoting james woods)

3 Likes

New Jersey? And yet they didn’t use “gabagool”?

5 Likes

Pepperoni is an American invention, not Italian. Take away her Italian card!

2 Likes

most “pranks” are just folks being mean. this one made the mark laugh at least.

1 Like

I feel like half the news these days, especially bits that get the regressives all panicky, is just some shit a 14 year old would do on a Tuesday. No reason, no deeper meaning, just dumb shit for the lulz.

4 Likes

Bread nailed on trees.
Fish taped on ATMs.
Pepperoni sausage on a car.

Enough already. Still life imagery is supposed to work differently.

5 Likes

10 Likes

Too bad there weren’t any dogs or cats in the vicinity. Most of the doggos I know would not let the pupperoni go to waste.

4 Likes

We captured our neighbors escaped dog by luring it with some pepperoni, which it ate, barfed up, and proceeded to eat the regurgitated pepperoni again. My S.O., whose family never had a dog, was shocked and appalled.

I had to reassure S.O. that this was a normal dog and we hadn’t poisoned it.

2 Likes

Not cool, an animal died just for a “prank”.

2 Likes

Pretty sure fatty, cured meats contribute to heart disease in all nationalities, just sayin’.

5 Likes

Pepperoni you say?

6 Likes

After watching Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, I started listening to the ‘You Must Remember This’ podcast’s episodes on Charlie Manson. It’s hard to think about these kind of ‘pranks’ without bringing to mind Manson’s Creepy Crawls, preludes to their more horrifying outings.

The description makes it sound almost artistic, like some kind of pepperoni mandala. But the video looks as though someone tore apart a pepperoni with their bare hands and tossed it around randomly.

1 Like

How long was it out, because I am shocked it wasn’t snarfed up by cats, dogs, raccoons, possums, coyotes, or other critters.

5 Likes

Where do you suppose the cats, dogs, raccoons, possums, coyotes, and other critters ended up?

Not italian. He’s American. Pepperoni is American.
And the rest of the world is happy for you to be trying to chase rhat world record.

But delicious, especially if it makes those little cups that hold the oil.

1 Like