Person admits to accidentally washing hands with cheese for days

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/17/person-admits-to-accidentally.html

6 Likes

I’m washing my hands with cheese right now!

13 Likes

Well, I’m certainly in no position to throw the first cracker here.

15 Likes

The liquid hand soap at my local gas station isn’t much better.

57 Likes

This comment won’t age well.

17 Likes

I think that drunken late night snack might have been followed by a couple days of drunken handwashing.
Not judging (the only supplies I’ve stocked up on came from the liqour store), just saying it’s pretty hard to mistake cheddar for soap sober

6 Likes

A) How is this possible for days?
B) Assuming it is, why on earth do you admit it?

13 Likes

My recipe for lemon pancakes was a result of a bit of a mixup the morning after an evening of indulgence while camping with freinds.

We were three families camping together at Tuolomne. Each family had resposibility for one meal, and we had first morning breakfast. My partner was an experienced camp cook, and we put out a full breakfast of bacon, eggs, potatoes and pancakes. Quite bleary-eyed, I rumaged through the food bin and mixed up a batch of pacake mix with an egg and a squirt of oil. I was a bit surprised when the mix foamed up a bit while whisking, but was not very detail-oriented at that point.

Everyone had a wonderful outdoor breakfast, with seconds for all, and got ready for the hike to the top of Puppy Dome while we cleaned up and I got ready to wash the dishes.

Rumaging again in the kitchen bin, I pulled out the small container of dish soap and squirted some into the hot water basin.

Oops.

The pancakes were quite light and lemony.

It may be difficult to mistake cheese for soap, but when alcohol is involved, it is possible to mistake soap for oil.

13 Likes

The entire gestalt of her situation makes me feel kind of sad.

5 Likes

They say the first step in solving a personal problem is admitting to having a problem. Since AFAIK there’s no SoapCheeseANON, I guess reddit is as good as it could get. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

How well does it work with Covfefe-19? Should I pack a can of spray cheese?

7 Likes

Spray cheese is in fact an effective deterrent for the virus. However, the dome you need to create to keep the virus out is not structurally stable.

12 Likes

So it’s just not gouda nuff?

15 Likes

Radio!!!

1 Like
4 Likes

She clearly hasn’t gotten the memo that 20 seconds is what it takes to do the job.

1 Like

I can hear it now - Which cheddar linesman.

Speaking of drunken late night snacks - I raided a plate from the fridge the other night and grabbed a big old hunk of cheese and I’d chewed it up and already gulped down a mouthful before I realized it was butter.
I can’t believe its not cheese!

8 Likes

I share around the stupid things I do. I think it makes us more human to admit we all do really stupid things sometimes and then have a good laugh about it.

8 Likes

5 Likes

Maybe we should get a water softener.

2 Likes