Person would like to be chased

The post clearly states that he wants to do the chasing. Why is the title suggesting that he wants to be chased?

7 Likes

I can’t decide if I want a unicorn chaser or not. So confused right now…

19 Likes

Funny, it strikes me as an elaborate joke. Like the woman looking for someone to dress up as a cat and make purring noises to help her sleep. So does the noodle one, for that matter. But I’m no pervertologist.

4 Likes

I dunno. I’ve warped my brain hanging out in places on the net I shouldn’t probably know about. Maybe I need more fresh air and exercise.

The thing is, I’ve seen people online who claim such things would really get them off. So it’s very easy for me to chalk up anything out of the ordinary as just Rule34.

6 Likes

(purring)

20 Likes

It’s very subtle. This is one of Rob’s posts, and he’s tricky. He’s too classy to reply to a craigslist ad, so he’s replying cleverly here. He knows that BoingBoing is well-read. He’s hoping the would-be chaser will see his headline “Person would like to be chased” and give him a call. :wink:

25 Likes

I must concede, I find this proposal kind of enticing. I am a switch after all (not that there needs to be anything sexual about it, and my partner-in-life has has dibs on that role anyhows). If it weren’t totally anon on the interwebs - that is if someone I knew in meatspeace asked me to do this - I’d likely give them a run for their money.

11 Likes

Aha-hah, hah, [cough] so funny…

6 Likes

I’m guessing, but I think that the person who placed the ad is looking for a ‘person (who) would like to be chased’. It’s a ‘want’ ad.

this doesn’t real

1 Like

This fella should join up with his local; chapter of Hash House Harriers. It’s a “drinking club with a running problem” that organizes grown up hares and hounds races around the world.

4 Likes

So are we slut shaming people now?

1 Like

Who said anything about that? I have yet to see any shaming in this thread.

2 Likes

Putting it up for ridicule is shaming. If its safe, sane and consensual, let them play.

I think it was put up because it’s amusing. I don’t think anyone here really disapproves. It’s just an oddity, something quirky, and BB’s all about Wonderful Things, after all.

14 Likes

I’d agree if the original poster, by which I mean the chasee, agreed to this. And, to be fair, he posted on a public site. But I feel we should be better, as a group, then to laugh at him for his personal proclivities. It seems mean spirited to mock him in a public forum this way.

Um, you might want to go back and re-read the post. Admittedly, Rob’s headline is pretty confusing. The person who posted on Craigslist sought a chasee, not someone to chase them. I seriously doubt any of the longstanding Happy Mutants are going to judge either the chasee or the chaser. It may be a bit out of the ordinary, but then that’s pretty much we’re about around here, and frankly it’s certainly no more S&M than your average kinkters, which I don’t doubt we have a few of here.

9 Likes

As a runner this weirdly appeals to me. I am not fast like I once was, and in peak shape I didn’t put too deep a dent into under 20 minutes for a 5k. But still, I felt fast as hell. Yeah, it’s weird, but I could see the fun as the chased.

The chaser I don’t get. It is a little rapey.

4 Likes

If you can’t handle people getting a kick out of your hobby, and finding it a little amusing, then you’ve got skin like graphene. Which is to say, astoundingly thin.

I don’t think anyone here’s making fun of this guy, and I personally am not laughing at him. If anything, I think it’s kinda cool. It conjures up a funny mental image, and the specificity of this guy’s ad seems like he’s put a lot of thought into this. Can’t fault him for knowing what he wants out of the situation.

7 Likes
8 Likes