Pet dinosaur does not count as passenger in the HOV lane

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/13/pet-dinosaur-does-not-count-as.html

3 Likes

Safety belt could have prevent dinosaurs from extinction. Please, wear a safety belt.

19 Likes

It would be amusing to see the police argue in court that a green plush dinosaur counts as “other human facsimile” Given its size, strapping it into the front seat seems like a perfectly reasonable way to transport it.

11 Likes

I’d like to see them argue that it’s clearly a dinosaur facsimile.

7 Likes

Doyouthinktheysaurus?
Yes. Yes they did.

30 Likes

An actual dinosaur, in contrast, goes anywhere it damn well pleases

13 Likes

Better to

9 Likes

I was there, the Dino’s drove like people from Los Angeles, that’s how they died out, nobody listens to me.

5 Likes

The story I liked was the driver who evaded speeding tickets by driving a British Audi on German roads, and his co-pilot on the left was the one who had his picture taken by the speeder camera:

7 Likes

I’m no expert, but I don’t think that “pet” dinosaur is real.

4 Likes

I was certain when saw this thread that the driver used a chicken, but no.

3 Likes

The amazing part was that the driver managed to break the speed limit in a foot-powered vehicle.

yabba-dabba-doo

8 Likes

What the hell is Fred Flintstone doing driving a British car???

5 Likes

That will now be stuck in my head for the rest of the day…

3 Likes

They didn’t have any electrical system to fail, so…

5 Likes

You gotta remember back when we had the Pangea supercontinent you could still drive straight from London to Detroit.

7 Likes

Hard on the feet tho.

4 Likes

Do they let you have lawyers in traffic court? Dinosaur Facsimile might get him out of the extra fine.
Your Honor. Clearly my client did not intend the large green stuffed animal to be a human facsimile. JUST LOOK AT IT!

4 Likes

Sorry, but that defense only works for giant stuffed bananas.

6 Likes