Pete Parada, Offspring drummer, out of the band because he can't / won't get COVID vax

2 Likes

This one is hard to get over. One, he’s got no hard feelings, and two , he has GBS and has talked to his doctor and is following his doctor’s advice on this.

1 Like

Definitely sucks! Pete’s one heck of a drummer. I caught them live in 20…18? and it was a really good concert. Health is really hard to manage, especially for older rockers.

At the same time, he’s an idiot:

“I caught the virus over a year ago, it was mild for me — so I am confident I’d be able to handle it again,”

Yeah, that’s not how it works.

So, maybe not a complete idiot. It is valid to consider the risk benefit ratio for the vaccine if he has heightened risk from the vaccine, but it’s silly to underestimate the risk of Covid when making that evaluation.

1 Like

My wife almost died from a sudden case of Guillain-Barré Syndrome 20 years ago; it’s no joke, and I absolutely understand his hesitancy. It sounds like he’s been lucky over the years to only have developed mild symptoms and not the full-blown paralysis.

1 Like

My brother in law had it, and was in bed for about a year as a teenager and still does not walk properly… He also can’t get vaxxed and lives in deep MAGA country (he voted for Trump, but at least took the pandemic seriously).

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.