Peter Doocy refers to 'Republicans that don't agree with voting rights' like they are obvious because they are

Originally published at: Peter Doocy refers to 'Republicans that don't agree with voting rights' like they are obvious because they are | Boing Boing

11 Likes

They should start charging Doocy tuition, because Psaki is having to school him every damn day.

39 Likes

Even without that obvious tell, the rest of Doocy’s comment, about Biden stepping across the aisle and not demonizing Republicans. . . what exactly would Doocy have Biden do here, completely give in to their wishes? [ETA: obviously we know what their answer would be to that.]

You can only work with someone who is willing to work with you. If they’re being totally intransigent then fuck 'em, there’s nothing else to do but compare them with other well-known assholes.

27 Likes

Also KKKPublicans/GQP’ers/Qnuts…

14 Likes

Ummm, yes, exactly. 99.9% agreement is still 0.1% disagreement. They only understand unconditional capitulation. And even if they got that, somehow it would still not be enough. Our guys in DC need to realize this and grow up.

22 Likes

Sometimes I wonder if Doocy is deliberately giving her opportunities for good answers.

8 Likes

Ask Oregon Democrats for very recent experience on that.

“Give us what we want or else!”

“Ok, here’s what you asked for.”

“BETRAYAL! That is not enough!”

18 Likes

A Faux News bobblehead, smugly wondering why Biden is so “uncivil” to Republicans trying to undermine liberal democracy using every dirty trick in the book. That’s rich.

18 Likes

You are giving Doocy a lot of credit there. What makes you think he understands that he just admitted Republicans don’t agree with voting rights? He literally does not realize what he just said.

11 Likes

Nah. I think he knows exactly what he’s saying. It’s not really the answers that he cares about, it’s that the base is hearing his questions. And yes, there’s a good number of folks who do not agree that voting rights should be universal, c.f. all the “Repeal the 19th” signs and t-shirts, and a number of statements on repealing the 14th as well. It’s not a secret.

11 Likes

That dude failed remedial gotcha at Prager U.

8 Likes

Snotmead

2 Likes

“How dare the President compare contemporary Republicans’ opposition to voting rights with historical examples of Republican opposition to voting rights!”

8 Likes

Yes.

6 Likes

Corona

5 Likes

If I go to that twitter page and look at the rest that’s on it: Some people saying Psaki makes no sense (I do agree the rebuttal was kinda weak, though Doocys nonsense doesn’t really need rebuttal). Some people agreeing with Doocy. Some people going on about trusting Joe Rogan more than Dr Fauci. Some people complaining about vaccine passports. Some people complaining about ‘science’ (in scare quotes).

Not a single reasonable normal tweet to be seen.

Shit is scary. the pandemic seems to have been the final nail in the coffin for sanity. The U.S. seems to be coming apart while we’re looking. And Europe will be next because Europe is always a few years behind the U.S. And also the same stuff going on in the U.S. goes on over here as well.

Gah, the world is such a depressing place right now. All this bickering over nonsense, while we get gently fucked by the pandemic as a prelude to getting royally fucked by climate change. And all the people being completely unable to react rationally to something as clear-cut as a pandemic shows we will never get enough support to combat climate change.

urg.

2 Likes

ummm, not sure where you are, but I am not feeling this “gently” at all…

7 Likes

I like to think/hope it’s a selection bias, same as the comments after a news article* (which I’ve long since taught myself to ignore). It’s a self-selecting honeypot. I’m not sure whether having more good-but-otherwise-quiet people spending their time making rebuttals on Twitter is really the answer, although I don’t have a better answer (nor a Twitter account).

Previously:

*BoingBoing excepted, though it isn’t news per se. (And it’s actively moderated.)

2 Likes

Relative to climate change gently.

Just wait till climate change gets serious…

I assure this is ‘just the tip’.

the permafrost in Siberia is thawing. We are seriously fucked. The number of refugees will only go up, together with all the tensions that brings.

Most days I can tell myself this as well. I don’t have twitter,facebook,reddit. If BoingBoing didn’t make it so hard to delete your account ( :weary: ) I would have deleted my BB account some time ago as well. Because it’s really better for may sanity to read no social media sites as well. BB has an extremely high focus on the dumbos of the world.

But some days I have a hard time staying positive. The ongoing deluge of ‘bad stuff’ ™ wears me out.