Petra Hadens' stunning a capella cover of the Blade Runner theme

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/12/30/petra-hadens-stunning-a-cape.html

3 Likes

Nice.
Personally, Blade runner blues would have been a better choice.

3 Likes

What a beautiful version! Thankyou for sharing. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I love that she kept all of the dialog and sound effects from the album version. She’s so awesome.

10 Likes

Marked and followed in my Spotify list. Spotify further notes she’s one of three daughters to jazz bassist Bill Charlie Haden.

Edit: I really should have my morning caffeine before posting.

4 Likes

You should really check out her version of The Who Sells Out (the entire album) that she made about 10 years ago.

1 Like

She and her two sisters perform as The Haden Triplets, doing classic Americana, and their voices are truly beautiful together.

7 Likes

My one-day-a-week job (a slog up to Lafayette from San Diego) affords me some listening time. Spotify has 8 albums listed for her, this being one.

1 Like

FWIW, Petra’s cellist sister Tanya is married to actor Jack Black.

1 Like

She also did a really nice cover of “Don’t Stop Believin’” back before its Glee-led revival; her humming of the guitar solo is hilarious and impossible not to ape if you’re listening to in a car.
Her work with that dog was a lot of fun too.

2 Likes

Surely you mean Charlie “Liberation Music Orchestra” Haden?

3 Likes

You’re right. Pre-caffeine post.

2 Likes

Great! Has some very Meredith Monk-like moments in there.

This is the sort of thing that led me to BB and kept me there.

3 Likes

Someone explain to me how making a bunch of clicky sounds and copying an existing piece of art is noteworthy? No one’s cared about a great a cappella (spelled properly we should hope) band since people were in university. Get over it. Man, remember when BB reported on stuff that mattered to more than just the people writing the article?

Now that comment shows prize-winning levels of stupid.

2 Likes

Are you disappointed in BoingBoing? Do we have to put you on THE LIST?

2 Likes

They have left three comments in total, and each of them consists of whining about how awful BB is.

I’m guessing: trolley.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.