Phoenix police officers circulated coins encouraging cops to shoot anti-Trump protesters in the groin

I don’t think you need a what if when it comes to Nazi paraphernalia.

2 Likes

Gainesville. ewww.

@ficuswhisperer I know. having been a guest of Sheriff Joe’s Tent City (many, many years ago as a younger, stupider Arizona Man) I feel somewhat qualified to make the statement that (at least the Phoenix valley, if not the entire state - don’t get me started on Prescott/Prescott Valley) is - as Papasan stated - a police state.

10 Likes

Yeah, ACAB.

6 Likes

Why am I not shocked? :thinking:

12 Likes

Yes, and I’m sure these cops believe that the exchange of their own little coins confers some hyper-masculinity, like they are tokens of badassery.

It’s actually quite pathetic.

6 Likes

Gainesville is a liberal paradise compared to Brevard County.

5 Likes

The most surprising thing about this is that the independent investigation got any cooperation at all from the police. Either they are just lazy about remembering the first rule of the Blue Lines Matter club, or they drank their KoolAid about how silence is a sign you have something to hide.

1 Like

Or Levy…

Colin Jost Shrug GIF by Saturday Night Live

4 Likes

We need civilian control of police and radical transparency. End qualified immunity and enable lawsuits.

5 Likes

I can kinda see the idea behind this type of “encouragement” in a military situation, where the soldiers are trying to get psyched up enough to go risk their lives and enter into a traumatizing life-and-death situation, and attack the heavily armed enemy fighters like they are obligated to do, being soldiers and all.

The huge glaring problem in this case is that these are not soldiers going to battle against armed enemy soldiers. They are labeling the innocent people who they are sworn to protect as the enemy who they are going to attack. That attitude makes them nothing more than terrorists. They are in violation of their oath, and doing the opposite of what they were hired to do.

9 Likes

“Yours, for the low, low price of $88.88!”

2 Likes

It’s not what enforcement (<) personnel are doing it’s what we(<) are not doing

Now they’re getting around to investigating challenge coins? What about all the seriously racist and fascist ones that have circulated NYPD for decades?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.