Phony free-speech advocate Elon Musk bans prominent left-wing Twitter accounts

Originally published at: Phony free-speech advocate Elon Musk bans prominent left-wing Twitter accounts | Boing Boing

21 Likes

Christ, what an asshole

54 Likes

I am shocked, shocked to learn that someone who seems to be increasingly aligned with autocrats and fascists doesn’t actually believe that people he disagrees with should be allowed to speak freely.

Who could have foreseen this wholly unpredictable turn of events?

59 Likes

Midjourney, can we have a AI generated image of Elon as first in the gallows? :slight_smile:

12 Likes

That’s a lot of money for a Nazi bar.

49 Likes

Yeah, but luckily it comes with a lot of free Nazis.

Saves the new owner the trouble of having to find his own.

27 Likes

Not for everyone else.

23 Likes

This will be excellent evidence against the defense when the EU shuts down/fines Twitter for hate speech and they try to claim “free speech.”

42 Likes

How long before he unblocks neo-Nazi groups in Germany?

Or starts blocking reporters?

Or human rights groups?

Or politicians?

29 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Sunlight is the Best Disinfectant

Thread:

Is there a threadripper app for Mastodon yet?

25 Likes

Like his cars, there are considerable laws and regulations around the world that he must obey, unless he wants to only drive his new toy on his private LAN.

25 Likes

I don’t have a twitter account, but I do follow a reddit group that reposts a lot of twitter threads on the Ukrainian war. Most things are blocked for me because… “sensitive content”. It was a bit more open before Musk took over.

10 Likes

Musk’s advisor in rooting out the evil anti-fascists is none other than Andy Ngo, noted Portland area ally of fascist thugs.

26 Likes

Stephanie Doute, CAE, Executive Director, League of Women Voters of California, had her twitter account suspended the night before the election.

20 Likes

He could possibly get in trouble in Germany. They don’t have “unlimited” free speech there. I hope he gets in billions of dollars of trouble over it.

26 Likes

The EU is already warning Moff Elon that he needs to beef up standards to meet pending regulations.

He won’t listen.

25 Likes

I had my twitter account blocked after I sent a disparaging tweet to MTG, just to see how much freedom of speech I was allowed. The result speaks for itself. I said something along the lines of she was a horrible, reprehensible excuse for a human being, and that she should eat shit and walk barefoot over Lego bricks.
Personally, I don’t see a problem with it, though the bit about Lego bricks might be seen as being a bit harsh…
I haven’t bothered to take the tweet down yet, so I’m still blocked. Don’t really care much, to be honest.

24 Likes

Reporters covering the recent protests in China have apparently already been banned, so it seems China is successfully applying pressure over Tesla to get their way…

19 Likes

shocked philip j fry GIF

6 Likes