Phony free-speech advocate Elon Musk bans prominent left-wing Twitter accounts

Twitter is a shambling corpse whose emasculated intellect (Elon Musk) doesn’t understand how much he’s shat the bed.

Users still on it are fleas who haven’t yet interpreted the cooling body temperature as signs of death

8 Likes

Why is the world ruled by man-children? :expressionless:

6 Likes

I’m probably overthinking it, but it seems to me that mammals at a base level respond to certain behaviors in reverence, whether appropriate or not. Aggression and risk-taking are seen as behaviors of a leader. Especially when those behaviors result in some sort of success. Nevermind that wolves with brain parasites causing those behaviors end up in pack leader positions. Nevermind that growing up privileged, entitled, man-children caused the behaviors of the former guy and the Muskrat. They look like leaders to enough people because of all that, not in spite of it.

2 Likes

Shit. That had not occured to me. Is it a violation of the TOS to speculate about Elon and toxoplasmosis?

5 Likes

Of course it is! But only if you speculate about him. If it were about literally anyone else it would be fine.

5 Likes

I meant here on boingboing! Obviously posting on Twitter that Elon Musk enjoys sifting used cat litter between his bare fingers would get you banned

6 Likes

And… it turns out that Elon just banned some reporters who had written critically of him. Which is exactly what was expected, given his history of trying to silence critics with whatever means at his disposal.

7 Likes

Wondering what Tim Cook’s red line is.

8 Likes

I don’t think arbitrarily banning people violates Apple’s TOS for the App Store. The hate speech and child abuse stuff that’s going to be flooding the site now that they got rid of all the people whose job it was to prevent it, on the other hand…

10 Likes

You say this like they don’t follow him around fellating him constantly.

3 Likes

Almost as if his “free speech absolutism” is just a thinly-veiled excuse to amplify the voices of far-right fascists.

14 Likes

Basically, we’re in the stupidest of timelines…

Nah… there are plenty of examples of mammals of all kinds not responding to certain behaviors with “reverence”… Besides that, we’re people, who can think and reason abstractly. People who feel the need to fall back on this kind of “we’re only animals” ideology are only seeking to excuse shitty behavior, more often than not.

Anthony Bourdain Yes GIF by Ovation TV

12 Likes

I love this excuse for things. They’re admitting to not being able to rise above instinct (though I’ll grant that instinct can be pretty strong sometimes).

My favorite variant: “I’m an adult and can do what I want” right before doing something totally childish. I feel no shame over my occasional Cap’n Crunch dinner. :grin:

10 Likes

And yet, a Nazi bar it is…

7 Likes

I know where to get the right shirt.

12 Likes
12 Likes

The thing is, I think they can, but I think they don’t WANT to do that…

That, I’m okay with! As long as someone isn’t using it as an excuse for being a dick!

Always follow Wheaton’s law!

wil-wheaton-dont-be-a-dick

10 Likes

As always, the bottom line.

9 Likes

Tim Cook’s bottom line is never red, but black as coal

4 Likes
4 Likes