Photo: Coronavirus task force takes decisive action at White House

Some Christians will tell you that. Other’s will literally refuse life saving medical care because it is an affront to God’s will.

15 Likes

I swear, if words in any way resembling that emerge from any of these assholes, I will lose what is left of my mind.

16 Likes

I can rationally say “well, they started the meeting with a little prayer session…sure, fine, whatever.” but then given who these assholes are…I have no assurances that after the prayer was done, the meeting ended right there and then!

5 Likes

That was my first thought, can’t they do that in their free time? And imagine if someone pulled out a prayer rug and started praying to Allah.

21 Likes

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha

5 Likes

I like the guy in back, leaning on the fireplace mantle, holding his nose as if there were a foul odor in the room.

8 Likes

11 Likes

He’s stifling a sneeze before he goes round to shakes everyone’s hand.

12 Likes

I’m more bothered by the implication that the prayer appears compulsory… Your boss, employed by the US electorate, should not be able to compel subordinates to observe religious acts as part of ordinary duty, either explicitly or implicitly. Pray all you want on your own time, but it has no place as a part of government business, since it is by nature exclusionary to those who do not share in the dominate faith. This admin in particular has created a hostile environment for non-believers or people of non-christian faiths. That’s the issue here IMO.

FWIW I suspect this photo was taken last week, as one of the people in the photo on the far right appears to have the mark of ash Wednesday on their forehead.

26 Likes

22 Likes

Prayer is how that asshole initially handled the HIV outbreak in an Indiana county when he was governor. It worked great then, so why not now?

Carry on.

20 Likes

This is absolutely true and not an angle I had thought of. Of course, being an evangelical Xtian may well be a prerequisite for appointment. Which is also absolutely wrong. Upon further consideration, this scene is completly borked. Right on point for this administration, of course.

15 Likes

Exactly. I wish Senator Omar was on this task force, so that when Pence suggested they open a meeting with a prayer she could roll out a rug and ask which way Mecca was.

14 Likes

25 Likes

Fucking hell! They’re not even washing…

Prideful fuckers anyway. They should be kneeling rather than lounging on your granny’s sofas.

5 Likes

if this fizzles out by sheer dumb luck and yet trump gets/takes credit, I will lose my damn mind

but that might mean I am rooting for deaths, which I am not, damn so conflicted

can we just fast forward to the election already, I need to know how doomed we are

2 Likes

I’m more concerned that there’s only four drinks available for these sixteen hard workers.

6 Likes

Trump cut funding for the CDC.

Maybe they’re not praying, maybe they’re asking god for forgiveness.

(Yeah, I know: unlikely.)

7 Likes

No need to suspect, the caption says it was taken last Wednesday, Feb 26th.

5 Likes

Haha, good catch! What a difference reading makes.

7 Likes