Pig escapes, terrorizes entire town, craps in cop car

Considering what they eat, I can believe it. Maybe vultures might be worse, but perhaps not… birds poop strangely.

Let me get this right. Dog looks the wrong way at an officer and gets a few shots to the gut. Pig goes on a rampage and… they catch it with a collar on a pole? WTAF?

What are they gonna do? Suspend it with full pay?

4 Likes

Vulture poop isn’t much worse than any other carnivorous bird poop smell-wise. Their vomit though…

1 Like

Not to mention that the pole’s purpose is to catch dogs.

I don’t see how this is news. Aren’t cop cars USUALLY full of pigs?

5 Likes

Even the common-a-garden Landrace pig is too big to argue with if it gets aggressive. They’re heavy and have a nasty bite …

1 Like

Look, I already told that to the other officer, the one in the back of the car?

3 Likes

Meanwhile in Northumberland, England (farming territory) a cow got loose on a road. 20 police cars and a helicopter attended the scene and a police sniper shot the cow from a distance with a high velocity rifle.
The police of Shelby, Michigan are to be congratulated for (a) avoiding stereotypes and (b) doing the right thing. Perhaps they should do an exchange with the Northumberland police, who seem to have learned their policing by watching footage of Ferguson.

[correction - I’m now told below that it was actually Wallsend, an urban bit of North Tyneside. I’m sorry; as a Southerner I was brought up to believe that The North started on the A1, not that far from home, so my geography for anything north of Watford Gap can be a bit hazy.]

7 Likes

As someone who once had his office broken into and shat upon by the thief, I can attest that it is not uncommon for perps to leave a fecal calling card.

Word. Pooping perps are the absolute pits.

2 Likes

Ahem: “Pooping perps, per pigpen propensities, perpetuate pigs’ popular preeminence.”

6 Likes

What happened to the pig?

1 Like

Let’s just say he won’t be doing this sort of thing again…

3 Likes

Aye, that was mental, especially considering the Gov’t’s line is, ‘there’s no money for anyone who didn’t go to Eton’. Fuck knows how much that cost. Mind you, SO19 don’t get much action up our way, poor dears (though I DID once walk out the front door of our flats on Christmas day to find the place surrounded by gun-toting busies. The amount of overtime they’d have got for that must have been astronomical. Made for a good dinner-table anecdote, anyway).

1 Like

Well, you can’t say the pig didn’t give a shit. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I wonder if that either already has, or will, become less common thanks to DNA based forensics technologies? The investigating authority would still have to care(or the perp merely be scared into caution by watching CSI: Something); but feces are not that hard to pull DNA from and (mostly) optional to leave behind.

I’m sure I remember a case here in the UK where a burglar was nicked exactly like that.

1 Like

That volume of police response to a cow is completely insane, especially in an area where finding somebody who knows how to deal with a fractious cow because he does it all the time shouldn’t be difficult. Shooting the cow also seems pretty excessive when, again, large animal expertise is unlikely to be that hard to find; and cows(while too dangerous to be trifled with) aren’t exactly bloodthirsty death-machines.

That said; animal welfare and veterinary best practices do typically suggest(sometimes require, depending on jurisdiction) that if you do decide to shoot the animal, you do it with a suitably punchy weapon; because if you don’t, a large mammal can spend a fairly horrifying amount of time flopping around and bleeding out while you plink at it.

There are some guns designed specifically for the purpose, for your large animal vet or abattoir worker to administer a reliably lethal shot, usually at close range; but those almost certainly wouldn’t be in police inventory. A marksman rifle is probably the best option that they would have handy.

3 Likes

Yes, well when we found a cow loose in a lane in Chew Valley we called the police, who sent someone out to tell the farmer, who shooed it back with a tractor.

4 Likes

Now I have to tell you an OT story.
An aquaintance was on duty at the Glastonbury (Pilton) festival when he and another policeman noticed a strong smell of grass from a car with 4 men in it. So they stopped them, and ran a number plate check. They were put through to the Merseyside police force, and explained what was going on. The person at the other end asked to speak directly to the armed response unit, to which Tony replied “What armed response unit? There’s just the two of us”
They had apprehended 4 very wanted drug dealers. Guns and bullets were found in the boot…the criminals hadn’t been expecting any trouble and ended up being sent back up north under heavy guard.

2 Likes

Right up until the precise moment you being a threat to its calf crosses its (tiny) mind … Then :scream:

1 Like