Pitting 11,000 virtual vicious penguins against 4,000 murderous virtual Santas

Cyber-snuff. Yuck.

I think Miyazaki was right: http://qz.com/859454/the-director-of-spirited-away-says-animation-made-by-artificial-intelligence-is-an-insult-to-life-itself/

1 Like

While obviously hard on the penguin, does a falling penguin damage a berserking santa?

4 Likes

Christmas needs mall caganer.

8 Likes

Catalan. Okay then.

3 Likes

The first thing that came to mind watching this is that this package would be really useful for simulating different-sized demonstrations/protests in a given cityscape. Potentially helpful for estimating real crowd sizes of protests, e.g. what would a million women converging on the Washington Monument really look like?

3 Likes

That would be handy for groups that claim inflated attendance figures: “Okay, if you say that you had 2,500 people at that event, let’s see what it would have looked like.”

6 Likes

Yeah, I was especially impressed by the part around 2:!5 when they all started to randomly levitate, I mean, I couldn’t see any wires or green screen - how did they pull that one off?

Take this little holiday film for what it is - a piss-take demo specifically designed to go viral.

As God is my witness, I thought penguins could fly

6 Likes

They did pretty good anyway.

2 Likes

(I don’t speak from direct experience.) You can’t see a mortar round coming, you just suddenly cease to exist. I might prefer that to the pants-shitting terror at the prospect of being inefficiently hacked to death by the onrushing wall of Visigoths that my compatriots are inexorably shoving me towards.

2 Likes

ELEVEN THOUSAND penguins, dood? Just be sure not to hit any of them too hard. And whatever you do, DON’T THROW THEM.

2 Likes

Where’s Krampus when you need him?

2 Likes

OK - I learned something new today…

“Accompanying Mary, Joseph, Jesus, the shepherds and company, the caganer is often tucked away in a corner of the model, typically nowhere near the manger scene. A tradition in the Catalan Countries is to have children find the hidden figure.”

So this is the original Elf on a Shelf?

3 Likes

Candycane is a helluva drug.

1 Like

Troll O’er a Hole?

1 Like

I dunno… that sound dirty…

Sqatter over the potter?

If it was a soldier it could be Trooper taking a Pooper.

2 Likes

I’m both a little alarmed and delighted that I have been alive this long and yet was not aware of this most awesome tradition.

Now I want 4000 murderous virtual Santas pitted against 6000 virtual psychopathic Caganers.

3 Likes

The Morning Star still is black and white and red all over.

1 Like

The contestants were chosen from people who had little to no gaming experience, IIRC.

1 Like