Pittsburgh killings: Trump blames synagogue for not having armed guards

Trump wasn’t extreme enough for him.

8 Likes

They will try to use this to excise Trump from complicity. It does not. Simply “not being sufficiently shitty” in this shithead’s ideology does not excuse him for promoting shit like this.

7 Likes

Man that is a lot to digest. I thought Trump was PART of QANON - now supposedly he isn’t? (I mean, he isn’t, there is no QANON.)

2 Likes

I guess the thing to remember here is how some words got carried into English and have all the sinister connotations that they didn’t have in German. Take Kristallnacht as an example: in English, it has a chilling meaning, and not the condescending tone the Nazis gave it. That’s why it’s used so much.

Another term that most recognise is “Final Solution” for genocide. You just have to say it and suddenly the temperature in the room will drop.

Er.

With most people, that is. Thanks to Dear Leader, the racists no longer feel so cowed by the term. This shooting and the bomb threats are the natural result of things like letting Cliven Bundy and his boys off so easy. Letting wingnuts feel they can now get away with murder, because people forget the horrors of the Nazis, of Franco and Pinochet.

6 Likes

I imagine he would say those cops wouldn’t have been shot if the synagogue had armed guards, and those temple goers should all be ashamed those cops died.

1 Like

Yes

Obviously he’s from the Double-Secret QAnon Elite who know that the child molester conspiracy is just a cover story.

6 Likes

Fuck this piece of garbage we have as president. And fuck his supporters.

9 Likes

He still doesn’t care that DNA evidence exonerated them.

7 Likes

He envies Kim Jong Un because his subjects give him the respect he deserves.

1 Like

33 Likes

Who can say whether they did it? We can’t ever know for sure. We should execute them just in case /s

4 Likes
6 Likes

In that case we can blame him for not adequately protecting himself. Win-Win.

1 Like

Blame him, nuthin’. In that case, I would celebrate his judgement with the utmost sincerity whilst pissing on his grave.

1 Like

Double relief!

1 Like

Win or lose, we’re in for an entire generation, at least, of elevated right-wing domestic terrorism in America. The powder kegs have been stockpiled, and the fuses have been lit.

Anybody who has kids right now growing up has to understand that those kids will be growing up in an America that’s like England in the times of repeated IRA bombings, Spain in the days of Basque bombings, or Italy in the day of the Red Brigades, except that the bombings and shootings will all be carried out by revanchist MAGAts.

Slowly, slowly, over the course of the next twenty years, representational democracy is going to be restored in America, Republican gerrymandering and vote suppression will be stopped, and the government we get will not resemble our current parade of half-dead white men, which the rest of the half-dead white men will really, really hate.

The idea of America as unlike Europe, where political terrorism was commonplace when I was a kid, will be not just ended but reversed. Like when Rambo was afraid to go to Cannes in 1986, Europeans will reduce their tourism to America out of concerns of our plague of terrorism. The half-dead white men will not go down easy, and a new generation of fascists is being brought up ready to take their places, if not in politics then in revenge.

13 Likes

Mostly, we called it “The Troubles” to belittle it, and mostly we turned out OK.
Otherwise, fair point.

5 Likes

Many of us half-dead white men are quite happy with voting for women and people of color. What we hate is the fallacy of hasty generalization. (And rap music which, let’s face it, isn’t really music at all.)

2 Likes

So you read this entire thread, and criticizing overgeneralization about old white men was the only thing you felt you had to add to the conversation. Huh. I guess we all have priorities.

2 Likes