Pizza Hut's intense market research brings us a Hot Dog Pizza Bites! Who wants one?

1 Like

WTF. Seriously. WTF.

Wow. I am not going to be able to sleep tonight.

3 Likes

You win. Take my money.

1 Like

so basically this:

5 Likes

The salty bread-wrapped sausages paired nicely with a cool mustard. The countervalent flavors coalesce, following a satisfying snap of sausage and the breaking of the delicately flaky bread. From there it was tempting to continue eating through the crust but the chef recommended we turn it around and bite the pointed end. With rich, buttery cheese and a sauce reminiscent of Hungarian goulash piled on a crust of

Okay, that’s enough. I get a hot flash just looking at that thing.

4 Likes

I bet it comes mostly premanufactured and all they have to do is add the sauce and cheese.

I want to like this because it’s hilarious, but I don’t want to like it because it’s freaking me out.

3 Likes

I know! Soooooooooo hungry now…

These hot dog pies are okay, but I’m really waiting for the cheeseburger pies. International Pizza Hut menus are f #@&!%g insane.

7 Likes

I think they’re actually Japanese. Japan does already have pizzas that not only have hot dog crust but tiny hamburgers too:

3 Likes

Someone who has never gotten high. Really? Never???

1 Like

I remember reading on Boing Boing that something similar was being tested in overseas markets a few years ago.

4 Likes

But I like the taste of marketing…

2 Likes

Food: it sustains you, plus you can eat it.

2 Likes

OH MAN! I’M ALL OVER THAT LIKE WHITE ON RICE! That looks fantastic and fun!

Here’s the new one they just launched in Australia.

Somewhere in pizza hut headquarters you know there’s a man with a job title of ‘Crust Visionary’

9 Likes

C’mon boingboing. This is all over the internet the past couple days. This was created to be viral. You are giving this corporation free advertising. Just say no.

Awww, we were just having some fun.

7 Likes

Tomato. Sauce… Squeezies?

…

Even if it was made of heirloom tomato and truffled caviar, who greenlit ‘squeezies’?!?

On another note, my cheap ass wood burning pizza oven prototype is nearing the first firing. I was trying to keep it under $200, but I think I just hit $210. It will put out hundreds of thousands of BTUs, and hopefully hit a thousand F without much more work.

4 Likes

That . . . that’s horrifying. It’s like a carnivorous plant being fed with a heap of bacon and ground beef.

Do they give you the “squeezies” so you can decorate it yourself?

It gives me chills. If you want ketchup on your pizza, put ketchup on your pizza. But… Squeezies?

1 Like