Pizza place accidentally ran magazine ad featuring naked man in latte art

^ This.
Before the ad: Chiaro’s? Is that some kind of pizza place?
After the ad: Posted to BoingBoing, worldwide attention.

5 Likes

Gosh, it’s a shame that the ad company my old University paid $2 million to for a “rebranding” (new logo, new “school colours”, new slogan, etc…) didn’t get told that in art school. Or maybe had gone to art school at all… their “new logo” (which lasted for four years before it was re-replaced in shame) looked like a limp blue (the blue flesh gets from lack of circulation) penis hanging in front of a pair of gangrenous testicles. Because of course the “amazing vibrant new colours” were suffocated flesh blue and gang-green.

2 Likes

Even if someone decided to just rip off the first google image search instead of paying for stock art it seems odd that they ended up with that image.

I searched for coffee art, latte, cappuccino and fancy coffee and that image was nowhere near the top results in images.

1 Like

Sadly, his name is Wardy Joubert III and he is no longer with us.

11 Likes

That will show them to rip off stuff from the net instead of purchasing a photo.

1 Like

It is nice to see that he is fondly remembered.

4 Likes

Someone also forget to tell Walmart when they did their re-branding a number of years ago as well.

something something barking spider comes to mind. :smiley:

Me: “One large cup of Joe, please”
Barista: “One well-endowed Joe. That will be $4.95”
Me: “Sorry, yes well-endowed. I never remember the Starbucks drink sizes.”

8 Likes

Not what I had in mind when I asked for creamer.

7 Likes

Of course, this could have been avoided if the restaurant took actual photos of the menu items they offer instead of falsely representing them with idealized versions from some random source (sure, fast food places always show idealized versions of their food, but at least it’s, you know, their food. You won’t see McDonald’s putting a photo of a fancy gourmet burger from a cookbook on their menu and claiming it’s a Big Mac). Seems like a pretty important thing for restaurants to do, in my opinion, though I suppose I could understand them making an exception for something as generic as coffee.

9 Likes

Say WHAT??? “devastating” to see a nude man??

Good grief.

7 Likes

On a Valentine’s-themed ad, no less. Won’t somebody think of the children scarred for life by the Jesus-in-toast resolution image of a naked human body??

8 Likes

It’s just pareidolia. You can see whatever you want to see in it. You might see a naked man, but it’s obviously just swirls of milk and coffee that form the image of a person with a big schlong who maybe isn’t a man at all.

1 Like

I always try to make my Jesus-in-Toast Resolution each year.

2 Likes

That image of the avert is of terrible quality; like Westworld it very well might be what they say it is… but it doesn’t look like anything to me.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Here, this may help:

joe

15 Likes

Nah. That is a one hundred percent deliberate illustration of a naked dude. We know because it is Photoshop of the original stock photo and not just a random pattern that happened to be present when the stock photo was snapped.

7 Likes

Ew… thanks; I guess.

O_o

Just goes to show, some people really wanted to see a (rather pudgy) naked dude in the latte foam…

7 Likes

Yeah that’s usually the reaction I get when I show someone a penis.

7 Likes