Pizza place accidentally ran magazine ad featuring naked man in latte art

Prior consent goes a long way towards fixing that issue…

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

Floating in a jar? Or in a briefcase, one that you turn around so it’s facing someone else as you open it? Or hanging in rows on the inside of an overcoat like the archetypal sketchy counterfeit watch salesman?

4 Likes

Truly, the classiest variant of the “dick in a box” move.

4 Likes

It reminds me of the old joke.

A patient goes to see a psychologist for therapy. The psychologist has him run through a series of inkblots.

The patient lists the objects he sees in the inkblots: a naked man, a pair of breasts, two people having sex, etc.

When they finish the Rorschach test, the psychologist says he has diagnosed the patient with a sex addiction.

The patient responds, “Me!?! You’re the one showing all these dirty pictures, doc!”

6 Likes

here’s some puppies

Puppies Hounds GIF

16 Likes

Well endowed puppies?

1 Like

Kenan Thompson No GIF by Saturday Night Live

15 Likes

No, its Wardy Joubert III. You can look whereever you want, but you can only see Wardy Joubert III.

3 Likes

Sure, you could see a “naked dude” in there, but what it actually is is coffee and milk that take the form of a naked person who is swinging some significant pipe.

Oh man, I actually know that place and the owner!

can’t wait to get the inside story!

1 Like

I’m gonna say it’s “actually” pixels of light, or digital data, or something other than the physical substances implied by the image. No way to know from the picture if the image was ever actually made of coffee and milk. The naked dude image may be entirely photoshop rather than a composite of two real coffee images.

3 Likes

It’s dude. And that’s a penis. It’s not pareidolia in the sense we’re seeing things that aren’t there. Unblur the image below for an example of the original.

download

1 Like

I unblurred the image, but I’m just not seeing it.

2 Likes

Food photography is surprisingly hard (I guess given the topic I should say “difficult”, but, no, I’m not going to). Many foods are in their “ideal state” for a short time, and getting good photographs generally requires a lot of light, and for really good photos doing fairly complex light setups. Granted modern photographic “hot lights” can frequently be LEDs and dramatically “less hot”, but older setups had a lot of heat which was even worse for keeping food in shape for a good photo…

So do a good latte pour, get the lights on it, take some pictures, decide they would be better with another stop of filtering on the fill light, and get another pour because the time (and maybe heat) caused enough of the foam to pop/melt that it isn’t in tip-top shape anymore…

Granted most of my experience with this is from about 15 years ago when a neighbor did food photography and I did a lot of amateur photos and he invited me to help with a shoot (I brought some extra lights that we never used, and my own camera to take some mimicking shots).

And most of the foods used in the photos are heavily “edited”. The ingredients may be from the product, but a dozen pot pies gave up their chicken chunks for that photo. The milk in that bowl of cereal is thin glue. The ice cubes are acrylic. Anything supposed to be juicy has been sprayed with water or glucose syrup. Was this image actually made on a latte? That’s a high level of expertise.

In a reliquary

Or as Magritte might put it “Ceci n’est pas une pénis.”

7 Likes

2 Likes

j’ai vaporisé mon café

Jar is better. Helps prevent things from drying out.

2 Likes