Plans for Trump's July 4 'Military Tanks on The Mall' parade remain secret

He’s putting our money toward this single-citizen security solution: Tacstorm, people!

3 Likes

There’s only one picture in the article. I’m talking about the picture of the parade in front of President Trump’s most fervent supporters.

In fairness, we are 140+ comments deep in this chain, with multiple images, so you could have been talking about anything. A link would have helped.

Anyway, in the original article it starts with a picture of Korean APCs that look like BTR-80s.

Then there is a link to a Tweet by David Lapan, from which we get the picture of an M1 tank, probably an M1A1, but definitely not an M1A2. Markings on the vehicle and the crew uniform and behavior indicate this is a Saudi tank.

There is also a picture of Melania which links to an article which doesnt show any tanks.

Finally a link to a Washington post article. This paywalled so I can’t see anything. There is no image.

Again, I ask, what are you talking about.

2 Likes

Come for the tanks, stay for DTJ and Eric Trump’s pyrotechnic extravaganza

5 Likes
3 Likes

When the stupid literally burns, I love it

1 Like

IMHO, the best result would be a big ass thunderstorm calling it all off. Throw in some softball-sized hail and then ask Falwell and Dobson why God hates Trump so much!

11 Likes

From Mother Jones, these are being distributed to Army Personnel, for how to act if they’re participating in the Farce of July celebration:
I really appreciate that they tell them not to lie, guess or speculate, maybe the commander in chief should get one of these cards, though it’s likely to wordy for him to get through.

10 Likes

Couldn’t pay me enough.

That won’t be an issue, since right now the only people being invited to attend Trump’s “non-political” event are Republicans. And since invitations only went out a few days ago, long after everyone had already made their plans (including Trump’s whole family!), attendance is projected to be… minimal.

9 Likes

I don’t think they will get tired of it. The “Any Dem is better than Trump” crowd is basically following their establishment’s marching orders on that one. Republican pols and their string-pullers aren’t the only masters at the art of distraction.

13 Likes

Platoon! Preeeesent — wait for it — Message!

(They left out the fourth option on their checklist:

“I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may incriminate me.”)

8 Likes

“Stay in your lane”, “Smile and have fun” and “Execute. Relax and speak to America.”

Orders unclear; accidentally changed regime.

10 Likes

Existential Comics should stick to making snarky jokes about Wittgenstein.
The author is lying about the amount of Russian involvement. And while, yes, there should be no private money in elections anyone with a functioning brain should be EXTREMELY concerned about a hostile foreign power interfering in our elections. Even if the Donny Two Scoops is giving the foreign dictator complimentary rimjobs whenever they meet.

4 Likes

I hope there’s some Congressional inquiry into this. I don’t see how this can’t be construed as a taxpayer-funded campaign rally.

2 Likes

Less than we are about our having been a hostile foreign power interfering in so many other country’s elections?

That aside, the point isn’t that we shouldn’t be concerned about foreign interference in our own elections. It’s instead that liberals are so concerned about Russians under the bed while basically just shrugging away the much, much larger pernicious influence of big money as Just The Way Things Are.

14 Likes

In the UK we call that “Cash for questions” in Parliament and you can go to jail for it; in the US you call it Lobbying, and its a job. Weird, huh?

But to paraphrase the BBC, “Other forms of corruption are available.”

17 Likes

Is there no news or analysis of how dreadful the whole farrago is yet? Or is everyone in the States just too drunk to function right now?

5 Likes

Thank my friend is absolutely amazing. THANK YOU FOR THIS!!

2 Likes

Now I’m imagining Matthias Rust landing on the National Mall in a Cessna…

4 Likes