Police confiscate 345,000 used condoms destined for resale

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/24/police-confiscate-345000-used-condoms-destined-for-resale.html

1 Like

:unamused: :fearful: :face_vomiting:

28 Likes

One careful owner?

13 Likes
1 Like

O_O Why??? Is the Vietnam condom market so lucrative to make this not only profitable, but given the grossness, worth it?

8 Likes

Recycling!

8 Likes

That’s pretty wretched. So glad they caught it. While some might donate medical supplies to Cuba… condoms might be a welcome donation to Vietnam. They give those thing away like they’re overstocked here

4 Likes

What a dick move!

23 Likes

Let’s hope that during their first use they weren’t pricked!

6 Likes

Even better, reuse! Which is +1 recycling.

Of course, you could be extra conscientious and go the “reduce” route.

8 Likes

At least they boiled them! Disposable condoms are less than 100 years old. For hundreds of years, people re-used condoms made of cloth, rubber, animal intestines, etc. That said, the disposable ones are not sturdy enough to be re-used, so I am glad these guys were shut down.

2 Likes

resold where?

2 Likes

Try to imagine what it would be like to be so poor you bought used condoms to save money. I bet you can’t come close.

5 Likes

I had thought this was some kind of kink thing – like, people knowingly buying used condoms for sexual gratification purposes. I couldn’t imagine that it was worse than that, but it definitely is. Glad the cops caught them. I hate to think how many people already have been hurt by this.

1 Like

This is one of the most disgusting things I can possibly imagine

5 Likes

I have many questions yet do not want to know the answers.

15 Likes

A Scottish soldier marches into a pharmacy. He reaches in his sporran and pulls out a neatly folded cotton bandana, which he unfolds to reveal a condom. “How much to repair this?” he asks.

The pharmacist looks closely, and sees a small rip in the condom. “Well,” he says, “I can patch it for sixpence, but you could have a new one for only ten pence”.

“I’ll get back to you,” says the soldier, picking up the condom and marching out. The next day he comes back and slaps the condom on the counter.

“The regiment has voted,” he says, “to have it repaired.”

28 Likes

Why does this sound like a Trump enterprise?

5 Likes

An old morris dancing pal of mine used to do this with condoms - only they would keep inflating until it burst.

It was dubbed ‘flapper-banging’ :rofl:

3 Likes

Well a new contender for Worst Jobs. Come & Go Technician? Calling Mike Rowe

1 Like