Police establish "Exchange Zones" for Craigslist buyers/sellers to meet

[Read the post]

Hey, good ideas for community policing!

2 Likes

Any bets on how long it will be until some cop decides that a deal seems “shady” and seizes the assets of both parties?

11 Likes

Of course that’s going to happen at some point – I can’t wait until someone tries to do a pot deal in one of these places, too – but this is a nice service and, I think, a way for the community to get a bit more value out of the capital overhead involved in having a police force.

8 Likes

Social media has been a boon for police - we regularly hear about stupid people doing stupid things online and getting caught. This may help to remove some of the more troublesome operators from Craigslist, if they get too bold.

Are they ok with me bringing my bathtub full of noodles?

6 Likes

Finally a place where human parts/remains can be sold without fear of reprisals.

2 Likes

Bust a deal; face the wheel!

7 Likes

Two men enter, one man leaves!

1 Like

A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night.

It’s hardly neutral territory, if The State claims jurisdiction over the participants.

Fucking government intervening in the free market.

6 Likes

I thought this is what Starbucks is for. It’s certainly not for the horribly overpriced coffee.

I wonder what’s their policy on personal ads?

1 Like

A guy I know works for the local PD and does a lot of Craigslist transactions. Usually the other party is relieved when he suggests his workplace parking lot. Also saves him the hassle of driving somewhere else.

It actually sounds like a really good idea. So immediately my thoughts drift to…

2 Likes

Who run Bartertown?

4 Likes

I’m currently selling a professional-quality (heeeeaaavvvy) arc welder, and a bunch of supporting equipment. Starbucks, here I come!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.