Police have trouble busting down door

A parade of cops. All that planning for coffee ‘n’ donuts brunch and the door is stuck.

2 Likes

prin-bride-asyouwish|nullxnull

14 Likes

It would have been easier to knock a hole in the wall.

6 Likes

Hopefully cued to the appropriate moment.

4 Likes

Wild guess on my side but could be for a non-standard (for the US) mechanism, i’ve seen them in Venezuela when i grew up there though seldomly. I believe it latches onto two sides of the door (top & bottom) so the handle needs to be evenly spaced, but that’s just the mechanism open the door. There’s usually a more complicated and beefy lock on these kinds of mechanisms that’s hard to pick.

4 Likes

There’s a great scene from Burn Notice, I think it’s Episode 1, even, where Michael shoots a drug dealer in the leg through the wall next to the metal-reinforced door. Two layers of drywall << 2x sheet metal + fiberglass.

7 Likes

WE‘RE COMING IN!!! - counting 100,99,98,97,96…

1 Like

There’s a doorknob in the center of the door which likely moves a series of bolts or bars all around, like a bank vault.

4 Likes

When you click on the comment link under the video, you see this photo…

16 Likes

Apparently the Spanish police are making a bunch of phony “terrorism” arrests of Catalan separatists in advance of an election - not because the Catalan separatists are doing anything vaguely terrorist-y, but because they think voters in the rest of Spain will reward them for it.

12 Likes

Next time, install this door.

1 Like

Well that answers my question. Explains why the bottom gave but still hung up on the top.

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

Props to the contractor

That door is indeed quite security, but I bet it’s also very expense.

1 Like

I was expecting something more secured than this.

1 Like

The doorknob in the center is likely a red herring. The setup looks like the common arrangement in France where the exterior doorknob is just a handle–usually it doesn’t move.

Sometimes you can turn the handle and it’ll open an unlocked door, but the lock itself is always on the bolt side of the door.

Also common are additional locks or mechanisms to secure the upper and lower portions of the door. For example, here’s another example of the kind of thing shown in @nixiebunny’s follow-up post:

4 Likes

I don’t know about Spain, but in Germany apartment walls - outer and inner - are usually solid brick, sand-line brick or aerated concrete.

2 Likes