Police nab gentleman who was caught on camera licking doorbell

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/08/police-nab-gentleman-who-was-c.html

4 Likes

Dispatch, we’ve got a Rule #41 in progress. 400 block of Hyde St.

edited - or 36 depending on version. (how are these rules not standardized?)

5 Likes

Are doorbell fetishes a thing? I’m asking because I’m too scared to google it.

9 Likes

There will be a reason for this. I, however, am happy not to know.

8 Likes

Officers knew Arroyo because they have encountered him several times previously, (Salinas Police spokesperson Miguel) Cabrera said.

Shocking, his reputation proceeds him. His parents must be so proud. /s

5 Likes

11 Likes

That is an intercom button, not a peyote button.

16 Likes

Fucking EWW

6 Likes
7 Likes

“Hey, this doorbell tastes like moose butt!”

16 Likes

3 HOURS??? Well if he could direct his talents elsewhere, he could make someone very happy.

16 Likes

The case has been sent to the Monterey County District Attorney’s Office, which will decide whether to file charges.

So what, exactly, are the charges for licking a doorbell? (“Felony gross creepiness”?) Would the charges be different if he’d simply touched the doorbell with his finger for three hours?

5 Likes

11 Likes

Which begs the tragic question of how he might be able make to the comparison. Perhaps somewhere there is a moose with a very satisfied look on it’s moose mouth.

1 Like

Maybe I could understand if it was a knocker instead of a door bell.

7 Likes

That isn’t how one rings a doorbell?

4 Likes

And here I thought doorbelllicker was just the new aphex twin single

7 Likes

Someone double-dog dared him.

Unfortunately, nobody realized the weather in California never gets cold enough for his tongue to stick to the doorbell.

Had he tried it here, either he’d still be stuck there, or the bit of tongue left on the doorbell would provide DNA to track him down.

4 Likes
19 Likes

I wonder what he did to the doorknob?

2 Likes