Police nab gentleman who was caught on camera licking doorbell

He’s lucky doorbells only use 12 volts.

5 Likes

Trespassing maybe? Or something to do with public sanitation.

4 Likes

Previously, on Boing Boing:

@ChuckV:

13 Likes

tumblr_mhmff4WZ5O1qb3ns3o2_500

10 Likes

ETA: And of course, someone has beat me to it.:wink:

2 Likes

Now he is the ruler of the Queens Navy.

1 Like

Shouldn’t that now be Saliva Police?

2 Likes
3 Likes

What is it with BoingBoing articles that keep calling creeps Gentleman?

This is totally the premise of a new romantic comedy, the only way he can get close to his lady is to lick her doorbell. No wait, that doesn’t work. who rings their own doorbell?!?

Burn that script!

2 Likes

Had a thought about this, a doorbell gets touched by many people. How often do you clean yours? I certainly never thought about doing so. I hope for his sake this guy has a strong immune system.

1 Like

Gentlemen bring a certain panache to mundane activities.

Driving to Walmart and opening the door? Mundane. Opening the door with your pickup and driving through Walmart? Now you’re acting like a gentleman.

Having a long running but stupid argument with your neighbor? Pedestrian. Emphasizing the utter rightness of your position by getting drunk and bombarding your neighbor’s home with a spud gun? That’s as gentlemanly as it gets.

BB’s gentleman posts are really a public service, shining a spotlight on the dedicated citizens who go above and beyond to make America great.

4 Likes

I think we can dispense with the “gentleman” terminology here. I’m in favour of “Ding dong licks doorbell”

4 Likes

“The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!”

3 Likes

I always liked the Krypton version of this from Dr. Demento.

So, did the doorbell button in question have a special flavor?

“Smell my finger.”

You could make that gentleman’s evening by flavoring your doorbell. (Nice or nasty depending on how you roll.)

Would he be upset/disappointed that it wasn’t “doorbell flavored”?

I’m glad he has time for his hobbies, I guess?

1 Like

Could use this as background music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9-4d7md0vw