Police officer calmly handles irate gentleman

Now that’s some righteous anger. I am very impressed by the policeman’s calm, polite behavior.

Having so little control over your emotions…has got to suck really bad. He’s his own worst enemy.

2 Likes

Heey that guy is a fucking liar, there is no such site.

2 Likes

I want this cop to run for president.

1 Like

The “P” stands for PLACID, PROFESSIONAL, POISED…

2 Likes

Tint laws are not BS… As a cyclist and motorcycle rider, I have zero idea that another driver sees me unless I can see the driver’s eyes. I wish cops were very much more diligent about ticketing for over tinted windows.

12 Likes

I’m going against the grain here and dare to suggest the officer didn’t respond not because he had some fortitude but because the driver was right and he literally couldn’t respond with anything that justified his giving him a ticket (in a moral this serves a purpose sense).

You ever catch somebody doing something they shouldn’t and they know it and they don’t even try to argue with you? That’s why the cops just standing there taking it not because he’s got some Budda thing going on.

Yeah that totally is why they have tint laws.

No, I think he’s just doing his job. He didn’t write the law, he’s just supposed to enforce it. If all cops were this professional we would have a better police force.

5 Likes

If tinted windows are illegal, how do people even get them tinted in the first place? It’s not legal to throw live grenades around, so anybody selling live grenades would be arrested. How do people even get their windows tinted at all? Shouldn’t the people supplying the service be behind bars? Where are the window tinting stings? And I guess I’ve never driven a motorcycle but could it be explained why having a visual of the drivers head is required for you to safely operate around them seeing as when I’ve driven in a car or other vehicle I’ve never had to see where the other driver was looking to know when and where I could maneuver (that’s what signaling and a buffered space to brake within are for). Is it a lane splitting thing?

Tinted windows are not illegal.

Overly dark tinted windows are illegal, on the basis that it would be a good thing if drivers were aware of their environment.

4 Likes

I’m just saying if there’s some cutoff between tinting within a legal shade and too dark, the too dark tint should not be legally sold and people who provide that should be the ones the police go after more than the drivers. If you get your windows tinted then you should be able to leave the shop and never have to worry about a cop pulling you over. If a cop sees you with a tinted window it shouldn’t be up to them to decide whether it’s too dark - you shouldn’t have been able to get it that dark in the first place and instead of writing you a ticket they should start an investigation as to where you were provided the window tinting service from. In that case if you don’t want to rat out the guy who did it then you get the ticket but the cop should be trying to get the guy putting illegal shades of window tint on cars first and foremost. I’m sure for most people that get tickets they aren’t even aware that they crossed the threshold and I’m assuming an auto shop provided it - there’s all kinds of other regulations they have to follow to make cars pass an inspection so the level of tint in a window should be another thing they have to be responsible for as well.

This kid was so happy to have a video of a “confrontation” with a cop to upload to wherever, thats all he really wanted, but Im betting hes in for some major cringe when one day he inevitably matures and gains a little bit of self awareness, or not

2 Likes

That cut off varies from state to state and even city to city.

You can have factory tint that some places will still ticket you for.

3 Likes

Uh, what? We don’t hate the police because they’re rude. We hate them because they’re a systemically racist and oppressive institution.

They don’t stop being oppressive by having a calm demeanor.

You don’t have to be Rodney King to have the right to be angry at the police. They harm our whole society - yes, even white people. This guy’s rant may be embarrassing, but his heart is in the right place.

2 Likes

Gosh it must be nice to know everything. Did you happen to notice it was a motorcycle cop?

1 Like

You forgot celebrities.

So he’s saying he’s white, and he does seem to think that Black people have a reason to be upset with the police, but the reason he’s upset is really that his white privilege isn’t privileged enough?

It’s basically ‘look you got a nice cushy job out here, not like the cops keeping black people in line, why you gotta go and abuse your nice cushy job like this?!?’

That said, somebody boils over at meaningless crap like this probably has some major problem going on. Of course it’s telling the first thing he goes for when the pressure gets too much is “I’m white, Ok?”

4 Likes

Yea. Playing games online I run into people who just utterly lose it sometimes. It can be sort of fun to bait them from behind my anonymous mask, but in the end I usually feel bad about what I did in the sense that I wonder what I stirred up that will come out more in real life.

I do wonder what the video would have looked like with a black man having a mild freakout and stress attack.

1 Like

What’s that got to do with this video? And don’t bring that “Police harm our whole society” crap either, you don’t even know what a world without them looks like.

2 Likes