Watch a crazy cop ram his way through crowded New York City street

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/02/watch-a-crazy-cop-ram-his-way.html

5 Likes

He is probably mad that they made him drive a Prius.

7 Likes

There’s a lot of waiting in that vid, skip to 30s for the relevant footage.

6 Likes

Perhaps not with chemical intoxicants, but certainly with power. (Not that I trust “police sources”.)

17 Likes

Let he who has not also wanted to ram a car blocking traffic an excessive amount of time waiting for a spot to open up cast the first stone.

5 Likes

They’ll need to paint over these words on the patrol car.

7 Likes

He’ll likely get promoted for this.

9 Likes

I don’t think they paint over propaganda. /s

9 Likes

Just to point out, this was a traffic cop, which is why is was a Prius.

5 Likes

Stop resisting! Stop resisting!

16 Likes

uh no, those are YOUR instructions Citizen!

10 Likes

So long as I haven’t actually done it, I still get to throw stones. Also so long as I am not an agent of state responsibility. I get so many stones.

3 Likes

That’s transmission fluid, right? How the hell do you crack the transmission case at that speed? Or is the reservoir right up front on a Prius?

4 Likes

F T F Y .

3 Likes

Too much coffee used to make me that ragey, but I only yelled like a maniac with the windows rolled up. Plus I was a Bay Area transplant to Portland, OR where they don’t know how to drive. Now I keep it to one half-caff in the a.m. and am pretty Buddah about stuff I can’t control. Plus age, yoga and…doubling my meds.

5 Likes

I’m confused about some things. So police ARE allowed to ram a vehicle in front of them if they are heading to an emergency situation. I am not sure a traffic cop would EVER be called to such an event. I didn’t see any lights or anything.

So assuming it’s just “I’m da police respect mah authoritah” and they rammed the car just because…then by all means they are a fucking asshole.

Other wise I need more info to judge beyond saying “you couldn’t have just gotten out and spoken to the driver waiting”?

3 Likes

It’s probably just coolant. The radiator is right up front.

6 Likes

Agreed. I think Toyota-branded coolant is red

3 Likes

That’ll buff out.

5 Likes

To be fair, it’s Flushing. Not really New York City per say.

1 Like