Watch a crazy cop ram his way through crowded New York City street

Pfft. Just buy the $750k new construction in that so-so, but gentrifying neighborhood closer to work so you don’t have to get on the freeways…

1 Like

The spot was open from the beginning, there is no obvious reason why the first car was just sitting there.

That’s really dark coolant. It’s pretty dark for transmission fluid, too though.

He also smacked the cars that were behind him to make room for the big push. What did they do to deserve that?

He’s a cop. Can’t he turn on his lights, step out and see wtf is wrong with the car in front? I know that’s more risky than battering someone into submission before you know what’s going on. I suppose it’s not really worth it to take the chance.

4 Likes

You know I was joking, right? I don’t literally think the officer’s actions here were reasonable or justified, I was just making a joke that people who sit and block traffic are a bit annoying to the rest of us. You didn’t really think I was seriously arguing that everything was kosher here, did you?

4 Likes

I’m the last person to cut slack for a pig, but I would be tempted to ram some jackass blocking traffic waiting for a parking spot too. It’s bad enough when they do it in a parking lot, but on a one-lane street, holding back everybody behind them? I wish there were portable car crushers that could be deployed on demand.

1 Like
2 Likes

Hi,
Please never go back outside in public again.
Thanks,
Society

4 Likes

Ram the video! RAM THE VIDEO!! :wink:

5 Likes

I love how, on occasions like this, the City is swift to assure us that Dear Officer was anguished, but OK afterward. 'Cause that’s what all Good Citizens are concerned about, right?

Yeah, that’s a display of the kind of personality disorders that you really want in a law enforcement officer.

Yeah, clearly. I mean, they rammed the person behind them as well; they were just going nuts on everyone in the vicinity. I’m only surprised they didn’t come out of the car shooting.

2 Likes

Just guessing here, but traffic officers are not armed?

I suppose when shooting is not an option, next best is vehicular assault.

3 Likes

Maybe he felt threatened by the car ahead of him?
That’s all they have to say for a free pass.

5 Likes

As a part of their job, probably not - but with this kind of guy, I’d be expecting to be packing his own personal weapon…

1 Like

STOP RESISTING TRAFFIC! STOP RESISTING TRAFFIC!

(boring text to get past the grammar-doorman)

4 Likes

itscomin

3 Likes

No, it’s leaking - the coolant is flushed during a service, not in the street.

(Coat got.)

ETA And he couldn’t get out and ask the driver to move?
I’m reminded of a similar incident on TV where a London ambulance was held up (it was a fly-on-the-wall doc) with blue lights flashing and car alongside not moving. Siren had been turned off once ambulance stuck. Driver blipped siren, leant out of window and looked at car alongside and said “You may feel the urge to move your car, sir”. He did. Swiftly.

3 Likes

Nope.

It would be difficult for sure, given that Priuses of that vintage don’t have a transmission :wink:

Seriously, those Priuses are odd bits of kit. Two electric motor/generators and an ICE engine all connect to a single planetary gear-set. Just a fixed set of hypoid gears – no clutch, no shifting, no gear-changing of any kind.

The washer-fluid reservoir lives in that front corner, or it might be either radiator coolant or inverter coolant (the inverter has its own separate cooling loop).

Might’ve even busted a brake line, but probably not.

But definitely not transmission fluid. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well that car’s transmission was in possession of a reverse gear. The cop had to act before it used it. Split second decision by a well-trained officer. Hero.

1 Like

yeah flushing is twice as crowded as manhattan