Police officer calmly handles irate gentleman

We are now at the point where a cop doing their job is considered noteworthy.

5 Likes

Did anyone but me notice the black tape on the officer’s badge? He is in mourning for the death of another police officer. I too both love and fear the police. Actually, they remind me of my father.

Ding, ding, ding! You’ve hit the nail on the head.

1 Like

I swear I see the cop cracking a small grin when the guy yelled “Look for this on pvids .com” He’s perfectly happy that this is going on the internet, because he knows who’s going to look like an idiot.

1 Like

My interpretation according to the ranter is that the problem is that it was the primary reason for the stop. Some infractions are only worth bothering with if there was a more serious violation to stop someone for. For example, I’m not a fan of seatbelt laws, but if we’re going to have them, they absolutely should not be primary cause for a stop. Allowing ticky-tack traffic stops is a primary tool for harassing poor people and minorities.

2 Likes

Didn’t even have to see or hear the video to know that was the case.

1 Like

Tint laws vary by state. CA is quite restrictive about the amount allowed on driver and passenger windows. Other states allow more.

Was that guy actually requesting to be privileged as a white person?

Of course I do. There are plenty of societies throughout history which didn’t have police and functioned pretty well - and some today as well.

If what you mean to say is that I don’t know what our society would look like without police, you’re right about that. But this is true for any change - we can speculate, but it’s impossible to know for sure what the result of any social change would be. That’s actually the core of conservative philosophy: We should keep things the way they are, because changes are dangerous and bad. It’s a common-sense position, if you are currently benefiting from the status quo.

2 Likes

I think my daddy is a genius. A long time ago he told me the best way to really piss off someone who is ranting at you is to show them civility and silence in response to their ranting.
You know what?
He was right.
This officer is my hero today. He didn’t fall into the trap. And nobody died as a result. More cops need to practice this.

It is a sad fact that far too many confrontations escalate because of the words of just one individual.
How many dumbass kids get all worked up over words and then make that fatal move into physical violence?
And with the possession of so many weapons by people who really don’t need them, violence is usually the first thing they turn to.
Afterwards, they usually start thinking about the children in the car that they emptied the clip at,
all because the driver of that car cut them off in traffic or some other trivial mistake.

2 Likes

I THINK he’s clumsily acknowledging his privilege, not asking for it to be recognized. It seems he’s trying to say that his treatment by this cop makes him understand why black people [who get harassed by cops way more than white people] hate the cops so much.

or, a paycheck and Cadillac benefits/job security for doing his job how it should be done

1 Like

I kinda get where the guy’s coming from. It’s like, you jam out to Twisted Sister, you’re all worked up, then this sort of buzz kill happens. You have to ask yourself: whaddamygonnado?!

I’m astounded that this guy actually posted this video online without watching it first realizing to himself, “Oh my god! I’M THE ASSHOLE!”

2 Likes

Such as police officers.

Love how the cop is actually amused rather than threatened/pissed off by it. You can see him trying hard not to laugh right at the end.

I how that I wish that I could keep my cool so nice and tidy.

WP & GG, officer.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.