Police officer ignorantly and aggressively detained autistic boy who was just stimming

At least he wasn’t killed.

4 Likes

About insanely disproportionate overreactions on the part of the police, perpetual abuses of authority and never facing any real consequences for their actions?

face cracked
­

­

­

­

Why on earth should people ‘bitch nonstop’ about that?

We should all just shut up, sit there and take it, because might makes right, right?

SMFH

12 Likes

Given a choice between the two, I’d rather see headlines for the occasional false negative leading to civilian-on-civilian crime rather than the routine headlines–and they are now routine here in Freedom Land™–of false positives in which police and LEOs beat or kill the very members of the public they purportedly swore to protect.

Given more than just those two choices, of course, I’d like to see a return to a nation that feels protected rather than threatened by their local law enforcement divisions.

8 Likes

No, not at all. The situations you posted pics of most certainly do need attention brought to them. But this situation was not anything like those.

This time; luckily.

The point is that ‘this situation’ could all too easily have turned into one of ‘those situations’, in a heartbeat… and that’s the problem.

There are numerous accounts of police using excessive force in situations that do not merit it, on people who were no threat to them; people who are physically or mentally impaired, even people were sleeping in their own freakin’ beds.

These incidents are becoming more common not less so; just yesterday in Oklahoma, a deaf man was shot and killed for ‘noncompliance.’

O_o

Like someone elsewhere on the net said, it doesn’t matter that you’re not one of the ‘canaries’; you’re still down in the ‘coal mines’ along with everyone else.

6 Likes

Exactly. It could have, but it did not, because THIS cop was NOT like all of those other assholes who should be, at a minimum, out of their jobs and preferably in jail. Certainly, there’s no telling where this situation could have led if the woman who knew Connor had not been there (and I’m not all that optimistic about that), but I’m not going to go crucifying this officer for what could have happened, I’m going to give him credit for reacting to what actually did.

1 Like

That you know of, anyway.

One instance where a cop didn’t go as far as he could have is no indication that he’s somehow not part of the same culture of excessive force and abuse of power with no consequences.

That folks like you seem to think it is only demonstrates just low the damn bar has really been set.

O_O

Lastly, your comment about people ‘bitching nonstop’ was the cavalier marginalization of a detrimental problem that threatens the existence of the so-called “civilized” society we inhabit.

Sorry, but I’m done with the trite ‘whataboutism’ and lame justifications for today; it’s not ‘just a few bad apples,’ the whole damn barrel has rotted down to a maggot-infested ichor - the system itself is broken, and I have no time for anyone who willfully refuses to see that.

8 Likes

And I have no more time for anyone who wants to persecute people for what others have done, or for what evil they could have done but didn’t.

No more time for persecuting COPS for what other COPS have done, or for what evil THE COPS could have done but didn’t. THAT WOULD BE WRONG.

But persecuting a weird teenager for what other weird teenagers have done, or for what evil the weird teenager could have done but didn’t?

That’s the exact thing you’re here to defend. It’s just victim blaming and licking the boot.

10 Likes

I couldn’t have said it better myself; thanks.

Kow-towing didn’t save the kapos then, and it won’t save enablers and apologists now.

6 Likes

Here ya go. They all start from the same place.

The officers forget they’re still civilians. They are.

3 Likes

9 Likes

Yes, that is a horrific situation, and that is why that I am glad that this cop is better than those cops and finished in a different place.

Both sides, huh?

9 Likes

Neither side. Fanatics are dangerous no matter which side they’re on.

Did you just call the people you are disagreeing with here fanatics?

7 Likes

4 Likes

For seeing a kid acting weird and physically assaulting said kid?

No, you don’t get points as a cop for “See, I didn’t kill this person for being weird” as opposed to all those other people the cops have killed for being “weird”, like those people who were weird because they were deaf, or weird because they weren’t white, or weird because they had a developmental disability, or because they were australian(?) or …

10 Likes

https://twitter.com/eommedia/status/906313267944947712

5 Likes

Well, that’s like, your opinion, man.

1 Like