Police say Texas woman ate half a cake while roaming Walmart, then refused to pay

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/01/723739.html

She was living her best life.

11 Likes

Police said her excuse was half-baked, ordered her to pay for the cake, the whole cake and nothing but the cake, and informed her that if she returned, she would be cited for a breach of the piece.

Interviewed later by Texas 5 News, Officer Schokoladenkuchen said that he wasn’t sure what had prompted the attempted theft, but there was a general suspicion the woman had been pie-eyed.

33 Likes

Texas has nothing on Western New York

17 Likes

If only she hadn’t forgotten to bring her portal gun.

7 Likes

As a Floridian I can only heave a sigh of relief that this wasn’t another Florida story.

19 Likes

… and that’s terrible.

9 Likes

The beauty of using “Wichita Walmart incident” in your search is that you’ll pick up both Wichita Falls TX and Wichita KN, thereby effectively doubling your crazy redneck hits.

8 Likes

And really, who among us can say that she has not, at one time or another, tried to have her cake and eat it too?

29 Likes

Officers ordered her to pay the full price but did not issue her a citation.

Darn. I really wanted to see the mug shot of someone who just ate half a cake.

10 Likes

No pics of her gambol down the cake-walk?

6 Likes

Texas is gaining on you!

3 Likes

She could not have her cake and eat it too, despite a vigorous attempt being made.

5 Likes

If this were Florida she would have eaten the whole thing and stuffed the packaging in a random shelf.

6 Likes

Are we going to have women competing for living their best lives at wal-mart now? First it was the lady with the wine-filled pringle can on a mobility scooter, now this!

17 Likes

Asked to comment, Ivanka Trump said, “Oh, let her eat it.”

14 Likes

If it were florida, she’d have thrown a live alligator through the cop car’s window.

8 Likes

" As Falls Wichita, So Falls Wichita Falls"

9 Likes

When the word Texas catches my eye in a headline, my first thought is: FFS, what did we do now?

8 Likes

From the security camera in the bakery department:

Marie%20Antoinette

Let her eat cake, I say.

There’s a soundtrack too:

10 Likes

Well this takes the cake…

11 Likes