Police say Texas woman ate half a cake while roaming Walmart, then refused to pay

Or in this case, half her cake and eat it too.

5 Likes

The Wichita Walmart Incident killed it at Lollapalooza in ‘95.

9 Likes

Well we all know the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree so I’m going with Roseanne Cash.

14 Likes

13 Likes
11 Likes

Actually, she had to eat her cake and have it too.

3 Likes

She was banned from the store and her name wasn’t released.

Ah, my disguise worked, again.

25 Likes

Don’t tell us you’re eating cake…

4 Likes

Ok, I won’t tell you, but I’m eating cake right now. But not at Walmart…

9 Likes

You may be high. But you’ll never be Johnny Cash eating cake in the bushes high…

Come to think of it, there was that one time with mescaline and a flan…

9 Likes

Having grown up in Wichita, I know there are countless gems. Off the top of my head, probably the jewel in the crown is “Homeless couple caught having sex in convenience store dumpster”.

4 Likes

Thirty one responses and no one mentions that she supposedly found a half eaten cake, and her complaint was that she didn’t want to pay FULL PRICE! She was willing to buy a half eaten cake as long as it was pro rated.

If I step away from my freshly poured beer at a bar, and return to find it half empty, should I ask the bartender for half my money back.

4 Likes

If you’re homeless, you don’t exactly have a lot of options for privacy

3 Likes

Teach this woman the mouse in a beer bottle trick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNRlcjz3acU

1 Like

Mescaline AND a flan?

Please do tell more.

10 Likes

I think the odds are pretty good that she had an eight of cake at most, yet somehow only half a cake made it to the Witchita Police Department evidence room.

3 Likes

Sorry, I should have elaborated. The downtown river area has many places for hiding out. Several sprawling wooded/hilly parks, decades old monumental features largely abandoned, even a lot of empty real estate. My teen friends and I knew all the ins and outs, as some of us were transitional (runaways, etc.). Sure, the police do sweeps in their cars, but none ever actually get out and walk into the wooded areas or down by the water.
The particular dumpster chosen was quite public, and on a fairly open route, by Wichita standards. Everyone was asking, “Why didn’t they just go over to the park?”

Having been homeless in the practical sense for times amounting to 2-3 years, and the technical sense for a couple more (wandering, travel camping, rough sleeping, etc), I sometimes forget to mention my experience in the matter.

13 Likes

18 Likes

At least she didn’t leave half a loaf in exchange.

4 Likes