Police seize 20 pounds of meth mailed inside of an air fryer to Kentucky gentleman

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/09/police-seize-20-pounds-of-meth.html

“Protip: If you’re gonna deliver 20 pounds of meth in an air fryer, make sure it gets to the dealer.”

2 Likes

This interception is probably the exception. I worked at a large (3000+ employees on site) company with Fed-Ex labels with our account number pre-printed. One day a 20lb box gets sent back to us as undeliverable. There was no sender on the label so it sat on the shelf in the mail room for a few weeks. The mail people decided to open it to search for clues. The 20lbs of weed was a big clue that no one was going to claim it.

6 months later, it happened again.

9 Likes

Hi, I’m that pedant.

That’s not an air fryer. That’s a toaster oven with an air-frying feature.

6 Likes

Kentucky Meth-Fried Chicken

5 Likes

They mailed 100k worth of narcotics? WTF? Where they high at the time? Probably.

Hire a small courier company to make the drop at a few hundred dollars for the trip/delivery.

4 Likes

I find it silly that LEOs crow about seizing narcotics. It just signals that for every pound they seize, there are a few hundred pounds in local circulation.

5 Likes

Kentucky? Close enough if you ask me.

Today, our Major Case Unit 1 in Narcotics tracked a parcel containing over $100,000 dollars of dope

Will people please stop using “dope” as a gather-all for non-prescription, non-alcohol, non-tobacco drugs?

There’s a difference between pot, cocaine, heroin, crack, ecstasy, etc.

5 Likes

My new year’s resolution is to be more heart healthy, so I’m switching to air-fried meth.

11 Likes

8 Likes

If it’s an “ongoing investigation” then using the alleged intended recipient’s name on a Police Department tweet is a complete dick move.

3 Likes

Raw meth is great, but once you’ve tried fried meth, you will never look back.

7 Likes

How did they know to open the package in the first place?

1 Like

My guess is that this investigation is going nowhere. They seem to like to make “big busts” which change absolutely nothing because it’s easy and they can get on the tee vee and look all bad arse without getting shot at or nothing.

IANAL, but since they took it off his porch he hadn’t taken possession of it. (Otherwise, they would just send random people drugs and pick the packages up and arrest. Again, criminals are bad, dangerous people and the further your cops can be from them the happier they are.) I am guessing they won’t be able to track the package back. So it’s a dead end.

@Bluecat because they needed an air frier for the office and they got lucky? :wink:

4 Likes

Well great, now I’m hungry for fried meth.

3 Likes

Gus is working on a new product line.

7 Likes

It sounds like an ironic tone for me.
The sentences before and after make it look like a (bad) joke.

The post from the police says “MCU1 verified the package was delivered and executed a search warrant to retrieve the parcel”.
I guess someone signed the package delivery and the police waited enough time to assure that the parcel was not returned to the post office.
But, it would not be surprising if some corners were cut and this is just some bullshit from the police.

2 Likes

“But it’s all used by dopes.”

• the kid that got beat up in highschool and now has a state provided gun
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.