Political fall out from Covid-19 pandemic

tenor

5 Likes
14 Likes

Not enough to compensate for the innocents lost because they had to keep working delivery/grocery/medical or lived in poor communities with high pollution and little medical support.

14 Likes
19 Likes

Now THIS is something to be pissed off at china about… although I suspect a western corporation would seek similar concessions.

19 Likes

Apropos of nothing

8 Likes

Downton Abbey was how the PBS crowd sold themselves on soap operas. The Trump Show is how the PBS crowd sold themselves on Professional “Wrestling”.

Meanwhile, “Democracy Dies in Darkness Media Conglomerates”

Take Him Seriously Then Pretend It Didn’t Happen

Eschaton / by noreply@blogger.com (Atrios) / 6min

I seem to remember some big news that President Deals was going to make OIL PRICES GO UP UP UP (a weird thing to promise, but ok) and it got much media coverage and then oil futures are now negative and haha we know he’s full of shit so we’ll just pretend that didn’t happen and move on to the next bullshit thing he promises.

Oh and people are dying and he’s been lying a lot about that but lol apparently, actually, NOTHING FUCKING MATTERS.

Atrios

8 Likes

No time like the present to…

7 Likes

… it’s your “right” to become a mobile virion spewing indiscriminate bio-hazard apparently

17 Likes

Holy shit. There oughta be a law!

Wait, maybe there is a law…

8 Likes

question: are these sorts of “protests” ( i guess i prefer to call them “killing sprees” ) happening in other countries or is this mainly a trumpian thing?

( not asking you specifically really. just wondering in general… )

7 Likes

Saw a link to some in Russia earlier. I would not be surprised if they were funded by some of the same people.

And I don’t mean Putin.

7 Likes

Of course, getting citizens to comply with such orders is another story: In 1918, a San Francisco health officer shot three people when one refused to wear a mandatory face mask. In Arizona, police handed out $10 fines for those caught without the protective gear. But eventually, the most drastic and sweeping measures paid off. source

It’s like it’s all happened before, total Stephen King novel territory.

… or maybe a Tom Clancy novel considering the Trump admin/DeVos connections to the protest movement websites. (edited for clarity)

8 Likes

I would suspect its a joke because of the “If your sick…” part.

However, MAGA chuds have exceeded my capacity for imagination when it comes satire.

10 Likes

I would love to see how they manage that!

1 Like

Oh, screw you, outgoing conservative leader Andrew Scheer. Just GTFO already and get back to embezzlement or whatever you were doing before politics.

3 Likes

oops, corrected the confusing context, I meant whose kind of novel are we living in

2 Likes

Yeah, it does seem like basic ground-rules of meaning have been thrown out the window these days, I can’t tell if I think that the flyer is serious, a joke, a counter-operation from a non-sympathetic agent or what. But I’m sure that there are some people who will take it seriously and I guess that’s the real concern beyond all the mind games.

8 Likes

13 Likes

Indeed. If it weren’t actually a matter of life and death, I would show up and go around coughing on these guys to get a video of their reactions.

“Dammit, it’s my right to be here and I’m not gonna let any of you libtards stop me!”

1 Like