Political fall out from Covid-19 pandemic

Yep. Those are just props. All for show, and they’re probably being paid to do it. And Muricans eat it up, thinking it’s a big “grassroots movement.”

10 Likes

Sea Lion Team 6

14 Likes

What the hell, if we die, we die. It’s not like we are important to anyone, after all. I would love to say this is shocking, but I am not sure what that even is anymore…

9 Likes

♪ She’s my little wood deuce
You don’t know what I got ♫

Also:

index

11 Likes

(For those who haven’t been following, Ferguson is the guy who recently had to step down because he was caught repeatedly violating the British policy based on his recommendation.)

2 Likes

I guess we know the subject of Sunday’s Tweet Tantrum.

eta: Yep.

12 Likes

This is not ok. How can this not be terroristic threats?

12 Likes

That’s f’n insane! Bus in hundreds of protesters as a threat of not allowing social distancing in order to cause a city government to abandon clean energy plans? Yes, that sounds like a terrorist threat.

4 Likes

Yay Unions! It’s like they want to die.

4 Likes

Right?! At a time when unions are losing ground in almost every state, when labor needs sensible entities to protect workers, these fools are at the extreme opposite. Threatening not only the city council, but the worker-protesters lives in order to shore up gas line pipe fitter’s jobs is just an all around stupid ploy.
I. Can’t. Even.

5 Likes

Depends on the union. That particular local is stupid. Others are working to ensure that members are kept safe and paid.

Unions are made up of workers. If a bunch of local workers have stupid politics, then so will that local. But it doesn’t mean all unions or even all local divisions of a union do that.

17 Likes

Trumpy’s Bubble sat on a wall,
Trumpy’s Bubble had a great fall.
All the Trump’s tweets and all the Trump’s lies
Couldn’t put the Bubble together again.

Trump and his accomplices are panicking because more and more people are going to realize that the top-heavy society that they are so fond of has shown itself to be precarious and unstable, and any reasonable evolution from the current situation that doesn’t result into fascism or feudalism is going to result into a fairer, more compassionate and social economy and society.

They could get away with hoarding wealth while the crumbs falling from their table were enough to keep people fed. They didn’t want a safety net for the lowly workers because they wanted to keep them desperately fighting each other for the badly-paying jobs that fueled their kleptocratic economy. Now their greed doesn’t allow them any compassion for the little people. In their self-affirming believe that they are rich because they are smarter, work harder, and deserve it, they are not willing to part with any of their wealth to help others during this crisis.

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for the stupid American exceptionalism that has served so poorly the great majority of the people. We really need to finally have a government of the people, by the people, for the people in this country.

10 Likes

OK so, (hashtag, Not All Unions)
sure, right. This is so far out there in “stupid politics” it beggars belief and buggers the R&F that may dare to follow through had this been anything more than a stupid stunt. I guess that is what constitutes civil policy discourse in the Bizzaro World timeline we find ourselves in. That a bat-fuck crazy ploy like this ever even got uttered is something I cannot freakin’ fathom.

2 Likes

This case, sure. But using this outlier case to make a blanket statement about unions trying to get us killed is doing the anti-worker/corporate job for them.

Companies spend billions convincing their employees that organizing is the worst possible thing they can imagine, not because they care about workers but because they want them scared and working against each other. Doing their work for free is both bad labor solidarity and bad business practice, all rolled into one.

13 Likes
18 Likes
5 Likes

And would there be an accompanying one to clear Washington DC’s name?

Oh right, given the fuckton of murderous, grifting malfeasance, it can’t be “cleared.”

11 Likes

8 Likes

These ads are really effective, in that they really wreck my mood for about an hour or so, and remind me that the media is going to be all in on reelecting him.

I know better than to click of course, even though the temptation of adding, “Happy Birthday, murderer, hope it’s your last!”

1 Like

https://twitter.com/whiskeyfdc/status/1259544964603797504?s=21

Viewed through the lens of US foreign policy, the blithe disregard of mass slaughter is unsurprising. The key difference of the Trump era is that the treatment that was previously reserved for poor/foreign/non-white people is now being extended to a wider pool of victims.

13 Likes