Political fall out from Covid-19 pandemic

The Proud Boys violate those laws every weekend. Law enforcement pat them on the back, hand them water bottles.

13 Likes
9 Likes

The heroism!

11 Likes
9 Likes

15 Likes

They’ve re-purposed the Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell policy.

6 Likes

Shit, those are powerful graphs. Considering how many people lost their homes in the 2008 crisis, what would this look like without foreclosure/eviction injunctions? How many millions would be homeless going into winter?

12 Likes

Mitch McConnell: “Not enough!”

7 Likes
7 Likes

I will leave this here. Beau is pissed.

11 Likes

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/gretchen-whitmer-trump-rhetoric-kidnapping-plot

“This should be a moment for national unity where we all pull together as Americans to meet this challenge head on with the same might and muscle that put a man on the moon,” Whitmer said, as she pivoted towards her criticisms of the President.

“Instead our head of state has spent the last seven months denying science, ignoring his own health experts, stoking distrust, fomenting anger, and giving comfort to those who spread fear and hatred and division,” she said.

14 Likes

Not corona virus related, folks. Let’s try to keep this one on topic?

9 Likes

The plotters were responding directly to her handling of the pandemic in her state.

In late June, Fox posted on Facebook a video in which he complained about the state’s judicial system and COVID-19 restrictions on gyms operating in Michigan.

“Fox referred to Governor Whitmer as ‘this tyrant b----,’ and stated, ‘I don’t know, boys, we gotta do something,” according to the court affidavit. “You guys link with me on our other location system, give me some ideas of what we can do.”

8 Likes

I’m with @Ratel on this one. Back in March I’d read stuff about the anti mask league, just before the lockdown, and I remember warning people "the modern equivalent of them is going to be some fresh hell’. I was more afraid of how the fash would response it than the virus itself.

7 Likes

That’s what the “Political Fallout” thread was created for.

5 Likes

Consider it moved

4 Likes

This makes me wonder if the nominee has been tested lately, since she was standing next to 45 at the WH superspreader event/announcement. The administration loves to falsely claim that anyone who had coronavirus is immune, while scientists are still trying to understand reinfection cases:

12 Likes
11 Likes

I’ll tag this with a note of caution. Doug Thompson is… an interesting guy; never met him personally but have hung out on his BBS on and off since 2004’ish (though it’s fairly quiet now). I do not think he’s someone you would classify as a conspiracy theorist; I do think his mistrust of politicians has been well earned, I don’t have a feel for whether his sources are robust but he does seem to get the occasional inside scoop.

7 Likes

25 Likes