Political fall out from Covid-19 pandemic

Reinfection seems, so far, to be very rare (as in, IIRC, less than ten confirmed cases in the whole world). So ACB is most likely clean of the coronavirus.

3 Likes

We don’t know that, given the lack of testing going on in general.

8 Likes

That is a very true statement, but only illustrates how much we do not understand about this virus and how our immune system responds. More WDKS, and important qualifier is that these are the cases of reinfection that are sufficiently symptomatic to lead to retesting. Given the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases out there, any conclusions are prone to error.

13 Likes

Get your hate on:

14 Likes

Another ghoul who is an insult to ghoul-kind.

14 Likes

She is such an unbelievably insulting liar.

Is this even a legal use of her office?

8 Likes

This is offtopic I guess because it’s “Political non-fallout from not having a COVID-19 pandemic”… :thinking::slightly_smiling_face:

18 Likes

I’d argue it’s still political fall out. I suspect part of the reason Labour won so convincingly was because of how well she handled the pandemic.

13 Likes

I suspect part of the reason Labour won so convincingly was because of how well she handled the pandemic.

Winston Peters was a bit of a “grey vote” guy and Ms. Ardern’s handling of COVID was superb, so she would have taken a lot of his vote. His “New Zealand First” party (two guesses about its general leanings) dropped below the 5% threshold for status, a departure from the scene that the younger :new_zealand:'ers in our circles greet with wishes for a happy, and well-deserved retirement. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes
16 Likes

Nah, surely just a weird coincidence.
Look, squirrel!

7 Likes

FTFY

1 Like
13 Likes

:sob:

8 Likes

peep-show-hans-bullshit

9 Likes
5 Likes

Seems that Vermont might not be the first out after all…

6 Likes

As if things were not going badly enough for the UK’s COVID-19 test and trace service, it now seems police will be able to access some test data, prompting fear that the disclosure could deter people who should have tests from coming forward.

9 Likes

Remember that this is win-win for Boris: more police state, more deaths from Covid to satisfy his master in Russia.

5 Likes

But it’s only in very limited and targeted circumstances, right? It’s not like the police have ever used their powers disproportionately, right? /s

If you want to build mistrust in the system then this is how you go about it. Combined, of course, with all the other deeply embarrassing shit that’s followed the T&T service like a bad smell.

6 Likes