Political fall out from Covid-19 pandemic

Some of ours are literally brown-shirts. They wear fascist-style uniforms on their gatherings.

7 Likes

Given the suffering of the Polish caused by fascists, this is horrifying.

9 Likes

The fact that there are Putin-sponsored Slavic Hitler-loving neo-nazis used to baffle me, until I realized that complete narcissistic delusion was the whole point.

9 Likes

And it shows that fascism can fester anywhere, if it’s allowed to.

11 Likes

Oh, we hear you over in America, too.

Good luck. We’re thinking about the Polish people here, as the same forces try to come for us.

12 Likes

Worst domestic terrorist ever? I vote yes.

9 Likes
8 Likes

Well, that’s better than here, but of course Covid deniers have now killed an order of magnitude more people in Europe and the Americas than all the extremist theocratic nutbags in the Islamic world combined.

8 Likes

You know me, and I’m from Arizona, and I’ve voted, so that should get you started on the right foot…

12 Likes

OTOH - if PA is so important- why don’t we get as high a percentage back on federal money as some states?

5 Likes

This should not be legal. It’s not the company’s money.

These should be held completely in trust for the employees. It’s compensation that has been deferred.

13 Likes

A portion of it is. When the company I was with for 13 years went under, this government organization seized a portion of its assets and now distributes it to those who would have qualified for a pension. I did not even know about it until they contacted me to inform me of this benefit. Now I get a monthly deposit from them. It was established in 1974 as part of the SSA.

11 Likes

Yeah, I used to do some financial blogging that included warnings about deficits in this program:

With corporations allowed to raid pension funds and the program intended to be a safety net running a deficit, what could go wrong?

12 Likes

Apparently, the silver lining to the mass slaughter of Americans created by the US ruling class’s wilful embrace of Covid is that now the rest of the world will think you’re tough.

11 Likes

Ummm, OK, “We die good” sucks as a motto.

12 Likes

I don’t know why so many people want to be the macho Uruk-hai. They lose.

9 Likes

I’m not sure “tough” is the first word that springs to mind. “Phenomenally stupid and incapable of dealing with reality” seems more apt. “Recklessly self-disinterested” maybe. “Disappointingly incompetent”.

I guess to that extent, that would give me pause as a war game planner…

10 Likes

Add “disturbingly easy to manipulate into self-harm”.

9 Likes

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/biden-denies-his-admin-will-merely-be-a-third-obama-term-we-face-a-totally-different-world-now

That’s utter bullshit, but if it helps you actually be different, then great.

2 Likes

13 Likes