Pomplamoose covers Hall & Oates' 'Rich Girl'

No, thank YOU.

So bland. So so bland.
Bland.

1 Like

The song or the laughably intolerant responses to it?

6 Likes

3 Likes

Ha! Now I finally know who that clip at the end of this (video) is by! Thanks, I’ve been looking for it.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Pamplemousse in French; I’m pretty sure Pomplamoose is an intentional misspelling (unless some other language spells it that way).
French has some fun names for fruits:
A pineapple = un ananas (pronounced uh-na-na-na)
avocado = avocat = lawyer (there must be a few French avocado/lawyer jokes…)

3 Likes

I did a similar double-take. I had seen Pomplamoose videos in the past, and later saw Jack Conte’s pitch video to Casey Neistat (in which he mentions Patreon but not Pomplamoose), but never made that connection until today, seeing this Pomplamoose video in which he mentions Patreon.

1 Like

https://www.goodreads.com/series/60892-monsieur-pamplemousse

If a hipster bangs a tambourine in the woods…

7 Likes

IMO, 1968 to about 1980 is the most explosive era in rock and roll. Never to be replicated - which is ok. But the English and American rock/punk/new wave that sprung from then and influenced the future is just amazing.
There was also shit, of course, including the worst song in all of recorded pop music, “Feelings”. #NeverForget

3 Likes

Yeah, I get what you’re saying, I grew up listening to Bowie, Iggy and punk rock. I was never a huge Zeppelin fan. Mainly because that is all you heard on KMET and KLOS in L.A. But for pop music, it was crap like the BeeGee’s and Hall and Oates, and of Loggins and Messina. Hell throw the Eagles in there too. Watered down horse shit. That’s the kind of shit you would hear day in and day out. You actually had to find decent music to listen to. By the way, Zeppelin would have been better off without Robert Plant’s whiny voice.

#whynotboth? Liking one genre should not exclude one from also liking others. I’m totally down with Bird and the Bee covers of H&O, but just as happy listening to some Butthole Surfers.

Yeah, I can understand the Eagles being something to forget, but Joe Walsh? I’d let him slide.

7 Likes

Gah! WHY did you remind me of that song? :sob: I’d successfully forgotten it - and the awful band director who made us include it in a show because it was his favorite.

2 Likes
5 Likes

…or that entire season of The Gong Show, when it was a running gag.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Mea culpa. That band director sounds terrible. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That song makes Eddie Murphy’s “Party All the Time” seem like a pop masterpiece.

@ChuckV

That Gong Show episode was the original Rickroll. Your posting that reminded me of this Carol Burnett “Family” sketch as well (apologies for the video quality):

5 Likes