Poor Attempts at Hiding Package Deliveries: The Ultimate Photo Gallery

Had similar happen to me at my apartment.

The package is tucked into that little niche there and the door opens outward on that side. Very fortunate that our building has a back entrance.

7 Likes

That one looks sadistic

2 Likes

What’s up with the doormats?

Well, I’ve always appreciated the good stories that I’ve been a part of. Once had the UPS guy drive around my neighborhood looking for me because he recognized me as I was walking home (about a mile away) and hadn’t gotten there in time to sign for the package and he knew I wanted my new Xbox 360. Found me about two blocks from home.

11 Likes

I was imagining that one was the result of some sort of FedEx/UPS turf war.

9 Likes

Honestly, I wish they would do something like the pic. They tend to lean it against the door and make it as noticable as possible. Through my ebay and amazon binges, I haven’t had anything stolen - yet. When I have something super important like my Stormtrooper costume or my AR upper, I have it delivered to the apartment office.

But overall I guess I am glad that while my apt complex doesn’t always have the classiest people, we don’t seem to have a lot of thieves…

5 Likes

I dunno, the addressee was Jack Woltz.

3 Likes

FedEx truck through the front door - Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

2 Likes

My absolute favorite was when I ordered a Noguchi coffee table and they sent an Eames Chair by mistake. I shit you not – it was a classic modern furniture fiasco. Thing is, while the glass top on the coffee table is heavy, an Eames Chair is immoveable for a solo guy with bad lumbar discs.

Called the shipper and told them of the error. They sent a the table out next day! Shipper didn’t take the Eames chair tho, just left the giant cardboard box in the driveway. It was gonna rain so I threw a tarp over it, and called them to let them know they had to get that chair out of there.

Things get windy here and that tarp was blown off the box a number of times. I gave up on trying to save it as the box had gotten wet through. UPS came the next day and refused to take a wet box.

Fast forward three rainy weeks and I tell the seller I’m gonna bill them for a junk hauler. I don’t want a moldy, rotting Eames Chair next to my collection of Bavarian driveway ornaments. Seems that did it, I dunno what happened or who took it away, but it was gone a day later.

2 Likes

“Cow feces”? How the eff does THAT happen?

Clearly, somebody was in the book-of-the-month club…

That guy is what Boxing Day is for. Tip your package carriers folks!

2 Likes

[quote]We regret the condition of your package,
caused by     cow      leakage from other
mail.                 feces[/quote]

I read “cow leakage,” which I thought was funny, until I read the next line—when I knew it was funny.

3 Likes

Package delivery by Nightcrawler / Kurt Wagner. FWOOMP-FWOOMP. “Did you just hear something?” Scans corners of the ceiling … “Oh, looks like UPS was here.”

5 Likes

*lolz

5 Likes

It was marked “Fragile”, right?

1 Like

Not to defend this bs, but to put blame more squarely where it belongs – the companies and supervisors have been pushing drivers to make more deliveries, spend less time on each delivery, make those production numbers look good. Drivers realize one easy way to shave off a few seconds is to not knock at all. Just dump the package or a note to pick it up at the office. If they had actually knocked, they might have to wait extra seconds for someone to answer the door, to sign for it, to answer questions or complaints.

Domino’s Pizza ended their 30-minutes-or-it’s-free policy because delivery drivers were causing accidents and sometimes dying in wrecks as they tried to beat the clock. We just need to show that these dumb policies from delivery companies are killing teenage pizza drivers and maybe they’ll change.

7 Likes

My horror story is $100 worth of books left at the back door of my house. Slightly better than leaving it for someone to steal on my front door step, except they left no note anywhere, and I don’t use the back door often, so they sat there for a week. Only one of the books was messed up from the rain when I finally found them.

3 Likes

I tried to but he was moving so fast I barely was able to catch the package! (lol… it was a rather quick encounter)

1 Like

1 Like

& @M_M - doi- they were Moo-ving the package…

sheesh.

:yum:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.