Popeyes coats fried chicken in cookie-crumbs, serves with jam

Eww! They take a perfectly good source of protein, grind it up so that it’s unrecognizable. Reform it into a different shape then add a bunch of other stuff to change its flavor?!

That’s just plain wrong and exactly why I only eat tofu.

14 Likes

But is it free range?

6 Likes

Nuggest are pink slime, tenders are strips of meat. If you eat a tender the texture is just like breast meat.

BTW, the manufacturer of pink slime is suing ABC for their reporting (and coining of the phrase “pink slime”) It decimated their business. The trial just started last week. If you care about food news, Marion Nestle’s Food Politics blog is the best.

8 Likes

Shhhh. You’ll disturb the moralizin’.

16 Likes

Yes. All the short bread cookies are free range. Allowed to live full productive lives until THEY decide they are ready for the next stage.

9 Likes

I misread the title as

Peyote coated fried chicken in cookie crumbs, served with jam

Now I’m disappointed (with my brain, not with Boing Boing)

16 Likes

That’s actually my very favourite sandwich but…what’s with the icing sugar?

2 Likes
3 Likes

Bite your tongue comparing honey to HFCS.

2 Likes

Um - no.

Compare equal amounts.

So for a single tea-spoon of ‘honey’ and ‘HFCS’ - honey will be 20 percent ‘other’ - so no - honey doesn’t have more fructose than HFCS - because HFCS is only sugar.

Um also -

That last part I bolded. Take an organic chemistry course - where you will learn that the body has to work to break that bond - before it can use the energy - you might think it’s too small to matter - but it has a huge effect on how fast the sugar hits your blood and insulin response. HFCS has no bond and is processed straight to the bloodstream - it’s a highly efficient way to deliver sugar to a human - if that’s a good thing or not I’ll leave for the reader to decide.

In short - no honey doesn’t have more fructose than HFCS - it’s impossible for the simple reason that 20% of what we call honey isn’t even counted in that measurement.

10 Likes

So they are ascendent short bread cookies? Then sign me up!

2 Likes

I see what you did there and I couldn’t be happier about it.

1 Like

I got Popeye’s tonight because of your post.

3 Likes

You don’t know about KFC’s honey sauce?

5 Likes

America, this is why you have diabetes.

8 Likes

Well, part of the reason anyway. I suspect soft drinks have a lot more to do with it.

I was watching a movie tonight where a couple of overweight American tourists are waddling along near the Eiffel Tower, and I was struck by how I’d seen that image before in recent European films.

America’s fondness for sugar, fat, and salt is like a drug addiction, but instead of withering away it has the opposite effect, which is only slightly better.

(BTW-- I actually like Popeyes and KFC, but I can’t think of it as a serious meal, it’s more like eating Doritos or donuts: OK in moderation.)

4 Likes

Next up, chicken nuggets fried with Dorito crumb batter, served in the hole of a donut. mmm… That makes me hungry.

2 Likes

A friend of mine wandered into Dunkin Donuts late at night and demanded a bacon-egg-and-cheese served on a donut, and they honored his drunken wish.

He said it tasted great.

5 Likes

Halfway there.

3 Likes

I’m confused by this post, I dont see the usual outrage from Cory here.