Post Pics of Your Bookshelves

Cool. My kids house has even more books. I left my good book shelf when I left. It has a lot of kids books series her grandma slowly got on ebay. She also has a near complete Dr Suess collection, of the large books, because we cleaned up at a garage sale, getting them all for a song.

I’ve been considering rebuilding my DIY desk using shelves/cabinets as the base, and rearranging the whole office/studio area and adding another full height bookshelf.

Yesterday our one existing bookshelf in that room collapsed >_< so I guess I need to make it two.

1 Like

Kevin j anderson Paul atreides born on kaitan. First paragraph of dune born on caladan. That is just pathetic. Can’t even keep track of major plot points from page 1 of the book.

This topic was automatically closed after 209 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thanks to @Nightflyer for reopening this! I didn’t know you were a mod/leader but I appreciate it.

So in the next few days, I can show me shelves evolution - which is mainly just more decorative objects - share a few of my rare books (I have two or three I can think of), and show my less interesting "Shadow Shelf, which is mostly in boxes, but I have recently gotten about 2/3rds of the complete series of Shadow Pulp reprints.

I hope to see some other Happy Mutants shelves - or piles, if you are more a pile person.

2 Likes

I have a book addiction. I freely admit it, and have no inclination to stop.

Bookshelves from left:

1. Top shelf has old books and vampire books, second shelf is random hardcovers.
  2. Fiction paperbacks by authors last name K-Z, and a shelf of audio engineer stuff.
    The next 3 are in flux because of a recent gift of books.
  3. Top shelf, dragons, next one random hardcovers and trade paperbacks, the next mostly Robert Jordan and falling-apart vintage cookbooks and bird books, and then a shelf of everything above temporary storage.
    4 & 5 - hardcovers and trade paperbacks and odd-sized and oversized books. They used to be organized by fiction & non-fiction, except for the top shelf of 4, which is small-sized books of all kinds.

Cookbook shelf in the kitchen

Not pictured, because of home improvement stuff piled in front of it - 2 bookcases, one containing Pratchett and Gaiman, most signed, on half of a top shelf; paperback fiction A-J, and the bottom shelf with kids books, and another with text books, comic collection books, and art books. And not pictured because of media type, all the Pratchett audiobooks as well as probably 50 other from Audible and another 50 from other places.

10 Likes

Wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

Fantastic! I swear I will update mine soon - just have to move some crap around for better pics… remove some pictures…

2 Likes

This is from last year when I returned from a trip and found that the bookshelf in the bedroom had collapsed while I was away.

11 Likes

We can rebuild it… make it bigger, stronger than before…

5 Likes

We’ve got the technology an IKEA!

6 Likes

We’ve moved three times in three years now so a lot of books are still in cardboard boxes. These are my office bookcases, spray painted red because it’s my office and I like red.

4 Likes

The negative dialectics of poodle play?

3 Likes

Yes! It’s a wonderfully weird and funny critical analysis of Frank Zappa’s work. A bit too engrossed in critical theory for me to take seriously but still a fun read.

3 Likes

My OCD is twtching; I just want to sort your books by author and genre (e.g., all of your Iain Banks books will feel safer if placed together as will those of Terry Pratchett and John Clarke :wink: ).

5 Likes

Now there’s a reason - do it for the books, if not for me!

3 Likes

Here’s the small bookshelf in the living room. Many of them are purchased just prior to business trips and then get left here when complete.

5 Likes

Visiting the museums at Sinsheim and Speyer was on the list for this summer… well, maybe next year.

3 Likes