Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

That last picture… tears in my eyes. Great he can come home, home is always best.

1 Like

The Bobster made it home!
He got so excited once he realized where we were when I took him out of the car… The “kittens” were happy to see him, but he just wants to rest…

He just transferred himself from the wife’s side to mine.
Poor guy probably didn’t sleep much.

I’ll be happy when I get to hear him purr again.

23 Likes

He finally started purring!
Happy Happy Joy Joy.

21 Likes

So, is this a regular domestic sparrow, or what?

The beak looks wrong to me, but maybe it’s just a wrinkle in Bernie’s coat.

14 Likes

gonna cross-post this here

7 Likes

Yeah, looks like a female house sparrow. Couldn’t tell from the screencap, but the HD video makes it clear from the beak and markings.

8 Likes

Well, I don’t know if I can vote for Princess Pricklepants now that she’s lost the vitally important bird endorsement.

13 Likes

Does that make Bernie a Disney princess and thus imply that Hillary is an evil queen?

12 Likes

Oh no! What if I have to vote for Bernie instead of Her Highness?

8 Likes

After a 24hr rest he is enjoying attention from the kitten 9 month old moose…

20 Likes

Happy Easter from Her Highness!

16 Likes

We had a sock thief. If you didn’t properly stow your socks in a hamper, she’d drag them to the living room, meowing all the way. Usually at 2:30 in the morning. This isn’t her, but she looked a lot like this kitteh:

9 Likes

@crenquis: nice to see the little beast recovering.

Dog just got an x-ray last week that ruled out an osteosarcoma that would have necessitated an amputation (at minimum, I guess…) Whew.

Still has a bad knee though.

10 Likes

Ya, that knee does not look pretty. Glad to hear that nothing drastic is needed…
It’s amazing how well the cat is recovering. He is supposed to remain calm and quiet for at least a week, but any chance he gets he takes off faster than he seemed before losing a leg.

5 Likes

My understanding from the vet is that it’s pretty normal via x-ray except for the sort of spiderweb of inflammation on the femur near the patella, but I’m not expert in medical imaging :slight_smile: I know the kneecap sometimes audibly grinds on the thighbone though.

Did the cat just instantly figure out walking minus a leg? I’ve seen the odd three-legged cat and dog around (mostly dogs). They seem super-adaptable given what seems like it should be a pretty big deal.

1 Like

Ow, poor pup. Glad it’s just a bad knee and nothing worse, though.

Ya, you can see that erosion. Kind’a looks like a chunk out of the cartilage as well, but that might just be a ligament attachment point.

Since it was an issue for a couple of months, he was already barely using that leg for anything other than balance, so he had a bit of a head start. From the stories that I read before he had his surgery, it looks like most of the cats figure it out quite fast – most were trauma victims, so they went straight from 4 legs to 3.
I noticed that he has also figured out how to lean against stuff when he wants to scratch or lick.

2 Likes

It’s Spring, so Her Highness was pleased and delighted to visit the Royal Gardens again.

21 Likes

Manny Pearl and Iris are doing well, apart from sneezing on Manny’s part, and coughing on Iris’. We’re all going to the vet today, just to be sure everything is OK. I would hate for Iris to suffer any illness because she stepped up to mother a sick kid. These two need to be well and healthy and stay together for EVER!

Now, if I could just figure out a way to get a video of his little waddling scamper, I’d like to make a GIF for the strategic butts thread.

24 Likes

thanks I need that this morning…
and since I am outta likes you get emojis
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes