Postal worker raced Mustang in USPS van, hitting 105 mph

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/21/postal-worker-raced-mustang-in-usps-van-hitting-105-mph.html

8 Likes

USPS van 1, midlife-crisis mobile 0.

6 Likes

LS swap?

15 Likes

Cop: Is there a reason you’re going over 100?

Brown: Have you SEEN what DeJoy has done to our delivery times? We’re trying to make up time wherever we can!

17 Likes

I was so hoping it was one of those Grumman trucks but it appears to be a modern van.

3 Likes

16 Likes

That’s awesome!

3 Likes

It was a mail emergency. The envelope said that I might be a winner.

15 Likes

18 Likes

Get her on the Nürburgring

10 Likes

Did Reid Fleming, world’s toughest milkman, change careers?

Oh, someone should introduce them then. :rofl:

4 Likes

Video says it was $50 (and Drew is a woman), but damn! even $240 is getting off easy.

Also, there must be absolutely no hills in that area if she got that thing up to 100+. Or just one really long downhill.

3 Likes

I knew it was a Metris but … *steeples fingers* … what is truth?

5 Likes

Fine with me. I imagined it anyway.

1 Like

According to Google’s AI, she should totally challenge that speeding ticket.

8 Likes

Oh, how I wish Sabine was still around doing stuff like that. :frowning_face:

4 Likes

A verbal warning for racing?
Are you effing kidding me, that’s how pedestrians get killed.

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem like a stretch of road that’d be particularly pedestrian heavy, tho. I mean, it’s possible, but seems not very likely. Most roads where the speed limit is 60 don’t have walkways and the like…

:thinking:

1 Like

That barely looked like it hit 15mph. Lot of smoke but…

That’s where pedestrians get killed. Places full of pedestrians drivers watch out for them, when they are not expecting them they kill them.

ETA
Rush hour is also much safer for cyclists than off hours. Part of historic lowering of road killings was simply driving children and older people off rural roads by speeding so much.

2 Likes