Pranksters produce enlistment ads featuring Trump Jr: "I'm not enlisting but YOU should"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/10/bonespurs-jr.html

9 Likes

Now that is prime grade happy mutant pranking.
Well done sirs.

38 Likes

Hrm, I would remove that off putting tag line. Make it more believable. But the quote is gold. I assume it’s fake, not that it matters.

4 Likes

I hope so, but so many times I see what I think is a made up Trump quote only to discover that it’s a tweet from a couple of years ago.

15 Likes

It’s been pointed out that Hitler’s nephew joined the US armed forces to fight in WWII, which means more Hitlers have been in the US military than Trumps.

46 Likes

Remember, Grandpa Fred Trump came to the US as a draft dodger, then was disallowed from returning to Germany for the same reason.

It’s a family tradition…

26 Likes

10 Likes

I can see him thinking “Hmmm, I like the idea of getting to shoot people instead of rhinos and lions, but I don’t like the idea of taking orders from a ‘superior’ officer. Can dad make me a general or something?”

12 Likes

Also there is no way Trump Jr. is going to be shooting at something that can shoot back… Did you see the story about how they used a laser sight to kill an endangered sheep while it was sleeping?

17 Likes

The president himself has spoken out against the practice, calling such hunting practices a “horror show” despite his two sons being avid trophy hunters.

Real horrorshow, my droogs.

2 Likes

This reminds me of a “constitutional amendment” that Robert A. Heinlein proposed in one of his novels. It goes approximately like this:

• Except when the US are being invaded, Congress may only declare war after it has been approved by referendum.
  • In the referendum, only citizens eligible for military service may vote.
  • After the declaration of war, anyone who voted “yes” in the referendum is automatically eligible to be drafted. If this doesn’t produce sufficient personnel, the second draft is of people who didn’t vote, and the third of people who voted “no”.
18 Likes

Richard Nixon: It’s not illegal when the President does it.

Donald Trump, Jr: It’s not illegal when the President’s son does it.

6 Likes

I don’t know what the hell that is but liking it anywayz.

3 Likes

Funny, but doing this in Brooklyn is preaching to the choir. It feels a little “hurr hurr aren’t we so clever”. If you’re going for a real transgressive art piece that might get inside people’s heads, go do this at a recruiting center in South Carolina.

2 Likes

Some real counter recruitment resources:

4 Likes

I would upgrade their pranksterism to righteous activism.

4 Likes

Presumably the pranksters don’t live in South Carolina. Maybe they could just upload the poster as an open source PDF and enlist like-minded people across the country to help make it go wide.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.