Prepare for St. Patrick's Day with a piñata-housed liquor cache

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/03/03/prepare-for-st-pattys-day-w.html

You sell something that’s meant for use on St. Patrick’s Day, and you don’t even ship it to Ireland?!?
The very least you could do is ship it here without the booze inside, and I can put my own uisce beatha and poitín inside.

Obligatory pedantic correction: It’s St. Paddy’s Day, not St. Patty’s Day.

3 Likes

unless they mean Saint Patricia, but i think she goes by “Trish”

2 Likes

The shipping of booze across state lines within the US is heavily regulated, and not allowed in many states. And there’s similar rules for international shipping. There’s often similar restrictions on international shipping. So they likely can’t ship it to Ireland. I can’t have my cousins ship me a bottle, and like wise can’t ship them one without lying on the customs form.

Besides $80 for a pinata full of hooch isn’t a great deal. We put these together for birthdays and spend less than $40 to pack them with loads of nip bottles. I’ve even done the same with Christmas crackers.

True, but my point is that they could ship one without the alcohol. And then I can find a way to insert my own in there.

If that’s the issue its not like these things are unavailable for yous guys

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.