Prepare to cringe: Liberace's far-out "Feelin' Groovy" from 1968

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/12/prepare-to-cringe-liberaces-far-out-feelin-groovy-from-1968.html

3 Likes

Well, shoot. Now i’m feelin’ groovey :notes:

8 Likes

23 Likes

That is like the most unhip thing ever. Like a Pat Boone cover version.

6 Likes

REBOING:

9 Likes

I didn’t realize Liberace was a Munster.

2 Likes

About a year ago I rewatched about half of the first season, and there were some moments that were surprisingly dark.

2 Likes

Tommy Smothers competed on the gymnastics team, where he tied for first place on the parallel bars at the California 1958 State College Gymnastics Championships.

19 Likes

13 Likes

I like the way Tori Amos performs it:

8 Likes

… his mannerisms were calibrated for live stage shows, where people in the back of the hall had to be able to interpret his facial expressions

Zoom in with a TV camera and it looks bizarre :grimacing:

8 Likes

Neil Diamond said he originally started wearing sparkly shirts so people way in the back could see him without binoculars.

I’m always impressed by what performers have done for their audiences.

7 Likes

So guilty pleasure, I could NEVER cringe at Liberace…perhaps I should … but, I just can’t…

Admittedly, could that first group be any…stiffer (no pun intended)…? sheesh

…and, anyone who says they don’t secretly want a pair of those pants is selling stuff I’m not buying :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Drama Club No GIF by Nickelodeon

5 Likes

Is it me or was the piano out of tune?

3 Likes

Queen Elizabeth II, who died Sept. 8 at 96, was in the public eye her entire life and wanted to make sure her subjects saw her — literally.

That’s partly why she long wore festive, bright colors for her public appearances, according to royal expert Daisy McAndrew.

“She’s quite small — so sometimes just quite difficult to spot — so her dressers … decided some years ago that it would be helpful if she was brightly colored so that people could spot her easily,” she said earlier this year.

I recall reading somewhere else that she said that she knew that people sometimes traveled far and waited a long time just for a glimpse of her, and she wanted to be sure that folks way at the back of the crowds would be able to say that they’d seen the queen.

11 Likes

I never knew the Prilblumen stickers came in XXL.

Prilblumen2

5 Likes

Hey, Pat Boone is really hip.

8 Likes

17 Likes

Cringe THIS, suckers!

11 Likes